Future iClone / CC Ideas - Live in Feed Back Tracker

Posted By TonyDPrime 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
Here are some ideas for later iteration of iClone I have posted in FBT.  
Please VOTE if you would like to see them!
Thank you, and have a most splendid day. 

iClone-CC-REQUEST-SSS-Sub-Surface-Scattering-Scatter

iClone Iray REQUEST - Iray Map Baking Tool for Iclone Scene
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I would add volumetric light (every realtime engine has them) 
On screen space reflections
Tesselation in water
More texture channels in the terrain as well as bigger terrains
Better gardening tools
And better use of multicore cpus for operations that are not gpu related
A mirror

But as has been seen for years votes don't matter. Also volumetric light should be added to the CURRENT iclone

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Definitely a mirror... This request has the most votes I believe. So the basics before more niceties.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Mirror has like 43 votes....
That’s vanity for ya!
Edited
5 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Please VOTE if you would like to see them!
Thank you, and have a most splendid day.

I mean sure, you have a wonderful day too Tony. Smile
But vote? I don't know about that. I do not see any point of voting anymore.
I posted some statistics some 2 years ago:
Quoting myself: "
Out of all requests for IC6 only 2 or 3 made their way to IC7. And those did not have highest vote count."

Regarding mirror. There is more than 1 entry for the mirror and one of them had 55 votes counts 2 years ago (for iClone 6) on FT 329 again by mr. Animagic here:
https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost331547.aspx

On a positive side I just noticed FT 454 on the same screenshot with 32 votes still Active! That is "Open iClone for user customization through scripting and SDK". Hell yes! We have a Python interface now Smile

Anyway I wish to have clipped props animation with IK fixed, or better yet have this: https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Make-better-control-for-animating-rigged-props
I wish they fix/create Local Move for avatar bones: https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Please-add-a-Local-Move-for-the-Motion-Layer-Editing
I need Orthogonal camera.
And yes, I need a mirror!
And everything anyone posted above and below...
Sigh...

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think they haven't done mirrors because they did not decide yet how to implement effectively.

1 idea would be to create a .dll, like water, that gets loaded on start-up.  That way you could, at minimum, have a single vertical-scene mirror.  It would operate just like water, except be a vertical iteration.
Another is to build towards a future implementation of RTX-like real-time raytracing, with active mirroring, akin to Unreal.
A third mirror idea is to create a fully functional PBR realtime material, capable of surface to surface reflections. 

Probably what they did is say to themselves, "Goal should be an all encompassing solution, not a part-way short-term solution"
Although very noble philosophically, it appears the community would greatly and eagerly welcome a short term solution, in lieu of an all encompassing one.

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Probably what they did is say to themselves, "Should be an all encompassing solution, not a part-way short-term solution"

Oh man you really made me laugh! 

Iray is sort of incomplete
Indigo was totally abandoned and poorly implemented
Popcorn has not been updated
3dxchange is still 32 bits
Cc3 is incomplete
We still have no mirrors
And no volumetric lighting 
Character pivots get misaligned easily
3dxchange is now so outdated it is incompatible with skp files
But oh boy we did get us some hub weepeedoo! Smart resource allocation!
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think the whole Feedback Tracker thing comes down to how implementable something is too, because while votes give more of a feel of what is sought after, it may not equal what is currently operable. 
I mean, every application's forum has a big sought after item with high votes, but that doesn't mean that is a foundational item that should be implemented first.  It just is popular, probably matters more to later marketing than current fixing.
Now, to echo what was said, once something is implemented I would like to see that optimizations and improvements are made, but at the same time I understand in a competitive field you guide your business to earning profit with new items, not necessarily for fixing every single past item.

But, most importantly, IRAY Baking Maps would be awesome. 
VOTE it!  

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Well would be good on RL's part to be a bit more forthcoming about the feasibility of a certain feature so that we don't waste our votes. If a mirror cannot be implemented I would like to know and why. I have been asking for this since iClone 6...

Another request, which I know IS implementable, is better viseme allocation, which in its current form is pretty useless. It's all well and good to delegate that to facial Mocap, but not everybody has that, and it may not be practical if you use a variety of (remote) voice talent.

Mike Kelley wrote a Python script that I enhanced a bit that uses Papagayo and that does a much better job at viseme allocation. So that's a proof of concept that shows that implementation is possible. However, we shouldn't have to patch iClone with scripts for functionality that should be built in.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I agree, a technical explanation even if it is a complicated one is better than silence. Also in the case of volumetric lighting they could use nvidia's volumetric light, that way the don't have to implement the whole thing, just integrate it.

Also tony, iray doesn't make things look good because it creates texture maps, it makes things look good by raytracing the same maps you are using in iclone. Plus you can already do most of what you are asking via comping in or out of iclone. You want your backgrounds raytraced? Render them and import them as an image plane

Reading This Topic