Profile Picture

CC1 to CC3 problems (a friendly reminder about FT 4136)

Posted By 4u2ges 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
A post by polydrone reminded me that I have not converted any of my CC1 characters to CC3. Most of them have body diffuse map above 2K.
Automated map splitter downsizes each part to 1K map, which effectively diminishes map details. FT Issue 4136
There should be an option to allow splitting into 1K, 2K and 4K.

There are some other problems with converter, which I do not care that much about, including the one I have just discovered.
It is minor, but still might be confusing to some:
After CC1 to CC3 conversion the Wireframe is not properly displaying Original mesh. It always comes up as Tessellated (though the mesh itself is not tessellated):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b613e6b3-0b37-4c7f-892f-41c4.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Thanks for the feedback and reminder. I have passed this on to the Character Creator team to review. I will update again when I know more. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Thanks Peter Smile

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
You can increase the head/body textures to 2K by opening them in the Appearance Editor and selecting 2K (this obviously only makes sense if the textures are 2K or more in the first place). At least that is what I have done in the past.

EDIT: I have not checked if this works also for CC3 characters.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by animagic
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

No, that is not going to work Ani. I do not even attempt to use AE because it would strip my cutom body map and yes it is limited to 2K.
See, I have custom 4K maps for CC1 bases. After conversion to CC3, the map is getting split into torso, legs and arms with the default resolution of 1K each.
But that is not enough to retain overall 4K quality. A hi-res decals are getting washed out for instance.
I can go ahead and split it manually in Photoshop but that is a real pain to match seams.
Converter does fairly good job, but it stuck with 1K. There should be at least 2 more options 2K and 4K per splitted body parts.
Or it should be smart enough to sense the map resolution and split accordingly.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

4u2ges (6/23/2019)

There are some other problems with converter, which I do not care that much about, including the one I have just discovered.
It is minor, but still might be confusing to some:
After CC1 to CC3 conversion the Wireframe is not properly displaying Original mesh. It always comes up as Tessellated (though the mesh itself is not tessellated):

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b613e6b3-0b37-4c7f-892f-41c4.jpg

The "Tessellation" issue is caused by the Displacement map that is auto-assigned during the conversion process. If you remove the Displacement map you will see the mesh is correct (see below).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fbb29b12-3251-40b2-8411-8893.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you Peter for clarification.
Not sure what displacement was doing there in the first place though, but it's OK.
===========================================================

Next... I am not sure if I am being too picky here or what.... Cool

I've been doing some weight paint job this afternoon and again was inspecting CC3 base.
Have already posted a question about allowance of body base painting once: (https://forum.reallusion.com/314372/Weight-painting-characters-body )

Now, look at the Right Rib Twist:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/31c44fb7-4ac8-4e27-8ddb-643f.jpg

There is not much movement there and those 2 vertices have only weight of 0.015. But still they should be cleared of influence from the right.
And again the weight smoothing desired to be better there.

Here is another one:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a3b9451a-3939-4984-8c31-e3a3.jpg

Again, very little, but they should not be crossing X zero loop at all IMO.

Speaking of X Zero loop. The loop is there (thanks to quad mesh in CC3). But is it zero? Nope.
And mesh symmetry is not there yet either (compare to Genesis perfection for instance).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ae8bf77f-fa6d-4e5e-b500-6479.jpg

I am maybe overdemanding, but that to be expected if we are in a Pro territory.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for sharing your findings. We will check the points you have raised. As always once I know more I will update again. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic