Profile Picture

Complete Newbie Question: Can CC3 be used for characters that will change dynamically in the game?

Posted By julian.deflandres 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Complete Newbie Question: Can CC3 be used for characters that will...

Author
julian.deflandres
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Im pretty new to game development but especially so with character modeling and the like. I've seen a lot of the tutorials for CC3 that allow developers to create a complete character, but haven't found anything around if CC3 characters can be used for things like character creation screens, or can have new equipment or hair styles put on the in-game. Apologies if this is dumb or too vague of a question. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Julian

I'm not too sure what you mean by "CC3 characters can be used for things like character creation screens"? Can you explain more about what you want to achieve?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
julian.deflandres
julian.deflandres
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
My apologies, I'm pretty ignorant to game development thus far so I was afraid my question would be a bit too vague. The game I'm making has a character creation screen in which I would like to do basic customization things like resizing height, weight, etc. of the character. I would also like the character to have clothes / armor change based on what the player would like equipped. I have only seen tutorials for CC3 in which a whole character with clothing and the like is already attached to the model. So I guess I'm asking if characters created in CC3 can later in the game have items and armor attached to them. I think the answer to this is probably yes but if so, would you happen to know of a tutorial that shows how to do that? Thank you!

Reading This Topic