Profile Picture

Our Debut For 'Tracking JESUS: Step By Step Through The Gospels' ~ The Film Set ~

Posted By Kimmie777 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Our Debut For 'Tracking JESUS: Step By Step Through The Gospels' ~ The...

Author
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
OK, You Guys... 
I know some of you are far advanced in the field of 3D animation,
and are therefore accustomed to doing much more. 
This is our first ever 3D animated production work...
...I created this from the ground up...
...I sculpted the terrain and the back-drop...
...I made the clothing fabrics and modified many clothing pieces...
...We customized every avatar... Etc, etc. 
Our hearts have really gone into making this...
...So please be kind. :-)

Thank you. 

~ Kimmie

This is thefirst and only platinum standard Bible film production. 
It checks all of the boxes on everyChristian’s Bible Film Dream List and more.

https://youtu.be/PJ4JQtdo16E

Please feel free share it!

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

--> More Information On This Bible Film Production Can Be Found At: 
www.TrackingJESUS.net/Productions 

--> Become An Early Subscriber To The 'Tracking JESUS' YouTube Channel At: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMx91AySc3QuF-SS_3mGQQ

charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Very good for a first production, congrats...A suggestion : may be you have to add more natural idle motion for the crowd

Edited
5 Years Ago by charly Rama
Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Thank you, Charly! :-) 
~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I just saw your post edit... We kept the idle movement for the crowd super subtle on purpose.  

We put 19 crowd characters in the scene and we did not want to distract people from John the Baptist's preaching. :-)

~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 17 minutes ago
In a movie everything has to have a purpose and right now the crowd just stands there. So you wonder why.

By adding movement and also reaction shots (like nodding) showing engagement of the crowd you would make the whole stronger I think. The excitement of the crowd would permeate to the audience.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Warped Reality VFX
Warped Reality VFX
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
Congratulations on your first animation this is a very strong start good luck with your project.

Warped Reality VFX.
Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

We looked at all of the options that we had for this one, Animagic.  

These people were listening to John the Baptist preach about repentance and they were being warned about Hell. 

So this was a time for being more still and just listening. 

I created every crowd person to have their own personality in the scene. 

Every single one does have their own movements. 

And I also added a few special touches:

At the proper times, one guy openly worships GOD... a gal quietly worships GOD... a couple turns and looks at each other... and other moments like that. 

Although both the wind and the movements were stronger in the video itself when we did a high quality test render. 

The only difference than in the final render was the adding of movement and sound from John the Baptist. 

So to have the crowd and the wind come out as strong as the initial render, it would have meant going back over and over every single crowd person individually and re-doing everything until the final render matched the initial render to get each one just exactly right. 

But if we had come in too strong, it would have taken away from the reason for the scene itself. 

To have everyone come out perfectly without spending way too much time on them would have required programs like mocap. 

But at least if people look at any crowd character, they will see subtle movement, but not enough movement that would draw away from what John the Baptist was saying - which is what we wanted. 

But I do always appreciate your feedback. :-) 

~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you, Kevin! :-) 
~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
animagic (6/19/2019)
In a movie everything has to have a purpose and right now the crowd just stands there. So you wonder why.

By adding movement and also reaction shots (like nodding) showing engagement of the crowd you would make the whole stronger I think. The excitement of the crowd would permeate to the audience.

I agree, but if you waant to keep it subtle as you say, something i found that works very well without a lot work is to slightly move the characters torso from one side to the other. Key word being slightly, just enough to perceive some motion, this will also slightly move the arms a little bit. Talking about arms they guy that is on the extreme right seems stiff and the clenched fists make him even more stiff, relax him a little bit over the course of the main animation, slowly lower his shoulders and open his hands a little bit, he seemed aa little bit angry or annoyed to me (like he took his protein shake but couldnt get to the gym because if the speech Wink ). This is my opinion and what i would do, but keep in mind that with animation when you leave a character motionless it stands out a lot, this doeant mean they should move like they have fleas in their tunic, just dont let them appear frozen.

The other thing you could do is adding some wind to the 2d plants, their wind settings are on the modify panel when you have one of them selected (use the scene manager to select one) and just experiment with the values so that they appear to have a small breeze coming from the river. This wind is independent of the speedtrees you have in the background. Other than that well done!
Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

There was stronger movement from every crowd person and the plant wind looked beautiful throughout all of the initial render. 

It seemed to be the adding of John the Baptist's motion and sound that calmed the crowd people's movements and the plant wind down the way it did. 

(Unless the video editor couldn't handle it all??)

I would have to go look at the final rendered video to see. 

But I shut down my animation computer last night and it will remain shut down for a little while in life. 

Explaining that one... We are not here to be animators. 

The debut scene is to give a good enough of a visual in the hopes and prayers of a sponsorship to come along for this film set (if that is what GOD has in mind). 

But if we are to do this ourselves, we will be spending time learning more first and only doing this production on a part-time basis as we can get it done.  

Girls are not even wired by GOD to be animators any more than we are mechanics and such. 

My gifts are in my book and the screen-play - these are my masterpiece projects.

My gifts to add into the production itself is in voice-casting the right people and coaching them through it (who are not actors)... and the textures in the scenes and stuff like that.  ...And just overall in bringing the Gospel books to life. :-)

But if we get to do this on a professional level, we will need to hire gifted animators for the animation itself. 

Blessings and Peace, 

~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

Reading This Topic