Eyelid problem when importing DAZ characters via 3Dxchange

Posted By One Small Dream 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Eyelid problem when importing DAZ characters via 3Dxchange

Author
One Small Dream
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'm having a problem importing DAZ characters with 3Dxchange. I followed the tutorials / documentation, and they seem to import fine with the DUF files.

The problem is when I try to do facial mocap with them. Mouth and face seem to work reasonably well, but the eyelids get all screwed up anytime the character blinks.

See below. Sent in a support request, but it said the eta usually is a few days, so I was hoping someone might have some insight in the meantime. Also figured it might be helpful as reference in case anyone else runs into this, and we're able to figure out what's causing it / a solution.

I tried several figures from G3 and G8 (M/F), and they all do the same thing. I haven't tried G1/G2 yet to verify they have the problem as well, but I suspect they will. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Attachments
Eyelid Problem.png (132 views, 1.00 MB)
Eyelid Problem-1.zip (102 views, 1.00 MB)
One Small Dream
One Small Dream
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)Junior Member (148 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
For anyone who runs into this issue, support got back to me and guided me to here: http://manual.reallusion.com/3DXchange_7/ENU/Default.htm#3DXchange_7/Pipeline_7.0/04_Modify_Page/Face_Setup_Section/Setting_Face_Muscles_Movement_Data.htm

What I had to do was adjust the morphs for the eyeblink down from 100 to 0 (both, left, and right), and it fixed the problem right up.

Reading This Topic