fire particle emitter size change?

Posted By johnwarndt52 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnwarndt52
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Does anybody know how I might change the size of the flame produced by a fire particle emitter? There are no size parameters in the modify panel for the fire that came with the iclone 7 that I bought, or in either of the two other fire particle emitters I've bought from the marketplace either. I thought I might reduce the size by attaching it to an object, then scaling that down, but that didn't work. As it stands, I may have to draw onto individual frames after I render to achieve the effects I seek, but that would be tedious in the extreme.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Is the fire particle a legacy or a popcornfx particle? (It should say so in the content manager snapshot) if it is legacy go to the modify tab and you will find a section named particle key there you must adjust the size in pixels for each of the four keys represented by a triangle. If it is a popcornfx particle and you don't see a popcornfx tab you need the popcornfx plug in in order to edit its parameters
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
If it's Legacy , you have 4 keys when you can choose the size.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c55ed067-4240-4077-9cec-81eb.jpg

http://manual.reallusion.com/iClone_7/ENU/Pro/Default.htm#iClone_7/Pro_7.0/11_Set/Particle/Adjusting_particles.htm

If it is popcornfx Library 40 particle there is a Global scale .

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1862c21e-6ec1-4a34-8c34-6559.jpg

If it is Popcornfx Super Tools Texture emitter you have "Global scale" and a  size feature in the "lifetime" Panel
http://manual.reallusion.com/PopcornFX_Plug_in_for_iClone/ENU/Default.htm#iClone_7/Pro_7.0/29_Plug_in/Popcorn_Particle_VFX/Texture_Emitter/Lifetime.htm%3FTocPath%3DGuides%2520for%2520PopcornFX%2520Super%2520Tools%7CTexture%2520Emitter%7C_____7
Edited
5 Years Ago by mtakerkart
johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
For some reason, no matter how much I scale down the legacy flame (even to zero.) it didn't shrink one bit. Maybe that was
because I'd already attached it to something. But following your suggestions, I shrank down the popcorn fx flame to just the
dimensions I needed.
Thank you!
Edited
5 Years Ago by johnwarndt52

Reading This Topic