Profile Picture

3dxchange 7 pro vs pipeline [HELP]

Posted By antwonodomslds 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
antwonodomslds
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)Senior Member (380 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, I'm Antwon. I'm about to buy iClone 7 with 3dx change now, but I see 2 versions and I don't know what to get, I'm confused by the pipeline version which is over $500+. What I need is to use iClone for animations, because I mainly use Daz 3d as work flow. Can I import characters from daz to 3dx change  animate in iClone and export back into daz studio to continue my project? Or I'm forced to buy pipeline to do this? I'm not to clear what pipeline is for. Please help me before I make a bad purchase please.. Thanks so much.... All help is highly appreciated.
iClone 7 PRO Bundle or iClone 7 Animation Pipeline

Antwon.
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
The Pipeline is needed if you want exported out from the iClone World 
eg. in an another Program like Blender , Mayer , Unity . .... . But Beware DAZ Studio is the only Programm that do not import FBX properly . It is cripple . it's an old problem with DAZ Studio and the developer won't  fix this. Maybe to keep DAZ Studio exclusive for your own marked  

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
You can compare the versions here: https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/download.html#package-and-pricing

The main difference is:
Pipeline can import your models. You can change and animate them in iClone. And the export the animated models (as FBX, ABC...) back to another software ex Daz(got FBX import issues)/Unity/Blender...
Pro can import your models. You can change and animate them in iClone. But you can only export OBJ without animations.

So you need the pipleline version to do what you want.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Edited
5 Years Ago by The-any-Key
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Hi Antwon
Indeed you need  the pipeline version however you need not worry about re-importing any FBX figurs back into Daz studio as pipeline will export perfect BVH  motion files for the genesis figures for use in Daz studio.
In Fact you will not even have to bother importing the 
Genesis Figure into Iclone only into 3DX and convert to non standard to accept Imotion from your realtime Iclone Avatar.
As you plan on using Daz studio as your final render 
destination, and Not Iclone, Do not bother with the Character creator 3 program either as you wont need  to have your daz figures rendering in Iclone.
This video shows Motion retargeting workflow to create 
custom Iclone animated BVH for export to Daz studio.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

azward14
azward14
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Do you need iClone 7 pipeline in order to use 3dExchange pipline for exports, r will iClone 7 work?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
azward14 (5/21/2020)
Do you need iClone 7 pipeline in order to use 3dExchange pipline for exports, r will iClone 7 work?

The iClone 7 Animation Pipeline bundle includes 3DXchange 7 Pipeline which is needed to be able to export out content to FBX, OBJ and BVH. iClone 7 on its own can't export out content. You need to have 3DXchange 7 Pipeline to enable the iClone 7 export options.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

azward14
azward14
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)Junior Member (106 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks Peter.  I'm just now getting in to all this, so it's confusing to a newbie.  I purchased the iClone 7 (not pipeline) along with the Character Creator 7 pipeline.  My goal is to export and bring in to my video editing software, Pinnacle Studio 23U to create videos with the iClone animation/characters.  The only other thing I'm not sure about is if the iClone characters have a alpha channel/transparent background I can use my keyer with in my video software.  Thanks again.  I must have 20 plus hours of tutorial watching so far this week. LOL  Never mind.  Did some more "viewing" and I can export as an MP4 AND apply a green screen via the Project Settings > Background.  PERFECT.

Edited
4 Years Ago by azward14

Reading This Topic