Profile Picture

A simple interactive iClone editor game

Posted By alikims 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alikims
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I've been working on a small game that can be played inside iClone with simple interaction between props and the widget window serving as a HUD.

The game is driven by Python API 0.7.3 and doesn't require so far any additional modules on top of what is supplied by RL, has keyboard/mouse input.
Can potentially be a multiplayer game, not sure how far I can stretch experimental API.

Today the ship passed the static fire test and went to space to make the first short flight, so I decided to share some footage.
The mouse controls are so far FPS, obviously not suitable for 3D navigation, as well as there is no collision detection yet.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/89636428-fa5f-497a-a394-ebf0.pngaCuteMissFortune
Edited
5 Years Ago by alikims
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Nice. First step to a tool that can be used for simulations. You could record the changes in the scene that could then be applied on frames so you can playback your recorded session. I have an idea to create a "sims" game inside iclone. But I need a ton of tools and a updated API to even begin coding that. Feet-solver code, animation alignment in the API...

Multiplayer is possible. Just check: http://manual.reallusion.com/iClone/script/python/md_docs__light_remote_control.html as this sample use sockets that connect to Unity. You can connect with another computer if you get the external IP, open some ports and portforward or use RELAY or a dedicated online server... there are plenty of options.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD

Reading This Topic