Need to know about Export and reimport for finer mesh control

Posted By kevkev117 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Need to know about Export and reimport for finer mesh control

Author
kevkev117
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Can i export and reimport characters to and from blender without breaking the good features like lip syncing morphs for unity and the cloth features?
The standard CC3 for 200 bucks has for example 2 eyelid morphs and they barely change much, im already on a low budget and im getting set back a lot with the 200 bucks for CC3 so id prefer to export the mesh after doing all the adjustments to blender and then change the mesh shapes of the eyelids and some of the body myself in blender and then reimport the changed mesh back into character creator 3.
and i want to then make the cloth adjustments and cloth weighting / skinning with the blender changed mesh and import it for unity with the lip syncing / facial morphs so i can make them talk properly in unity. 

I fear that if i export it to blender and change the mesh or any of the geometry on the face and then reimport into cc3, the face / lip sync morphs will no longer work properly and / or the cloth adjusting and cloth weighting would also not work properly?

I need to know this before i buy CC3 pipeline because if that doesnt work then i cant buy it without making a huge financial loss for nothing
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
You can export characters to blender and modify them. Here is an example using a exported base model and using blender to mod it and import back to CC: https://youtu.be/9MIc8FiMb4w

But you can not add or remove vertexs from the model. Except for hair and teeth that you can mod as you like.

You can also mod cloth. But I think you need 3DXchange for that.

You can always do a refund if the result is not what you expect.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
kevkev117
kevkev117
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)Junior Member (147 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
" But you can not add or remove vertexs from the model. Except for hair and teeth that you can mod as you like.  "

Thats what i need perfect, 

"
You can also mod cloth. But I think you need 3DXchange for that."
I was referring to the cloth weighting and skinning. In one of the trailers it shows them adding a shoes and shorts model to the character and then rigging / skinning them to fit the character and deform with the poses. Thats what i was wondering about. After reimporting from blender into CC3 i can still add those clothing models and auto rig / weight them to the model right?
kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
kmitchell.12catblackstudio...
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yes this can be done in the pipeline version. I use ZBrush for Character Modification and Clothing. Things like a lab coat does not auto weight well in CC3 so I've used blender to smooth weights and bring them back in as clothing. When exporting a FBX is exports a fbx key that is used to update remap everything on reimport. Only note is that if you have anything marked as assessories on FBX export they might crash when reimporting too many assessories. I just ran into this. But if a convert all assessories to clothing before exporting I can bring them back in after UV and Texturing and reconvert them to assessories after reimport with no issue. 

- Edit
Its an issue with the number of items being imported. I joinded a few clothing in blender and it stoped crashing. If this data helps you in the future. 

Edited
5 Years Ago by kmitchell.12catblackstudios

Reading This Topic