Profile Picture

Help Please.

Posted By cafowler 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cafowler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I recently upgraded from CTA3 to CA4. I dont think I have a clear understanding of a few important bits here. perhaps someone can steer me in the right direction. I have watched all the tutorials but none of them seem to cover my specific question. I have created a free bone character from a photo of my dog. I have also created a morph based head from the same photo of my dog. I was hoping I would be able to use the 3g animal motions to animate, but it tells me the bone structure is not the same. Is it possible to convert my free bone character to a 3g character so that I can use the 3g character motions? I dont want to use a cartoon dog, I want to animate from the photo of my dog. I remember seeing somewhere a tutorial that explained adjusting the bone structure of the dog motion actor to match my photo free bone actor, but i may be mistaken.  Can somebody please tell me what I'm missing here? thank you. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by cafowler
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
the pre-made animations are specific to the bone structure they were made with. So if you create a free bone character, you'll need to make it so it has the same exact bones as the movement you need to use. 

So in your case the easiest option is to use one o the template and just replace the cartoon sprites with sprites of your dog. This will keep the bone structure the same. Or you can study the bone structure as the one used in the templat ones and just free bone it to match the exact structure.Easier said than done. But that's what you gotta do.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.

Reading This Topic