How do I make the world bigger?

Posted By Data Juggler 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
To limit the scope and difficulty of this question, I am referring to IClone.

I am doing something a little different; I making a video that is basically a 2D video, with a little 3D to give it some depth.

I created this box to server as a backdrop for a bunch of planes with pictures that all relate together, and as the camera moves to different sections I am hoping the end result is this turns out more interesting than Power Point transitioning from slide to slide.

My images are pretty big, so I kept have to make my box bigger, which was fine until I tried to move my box and the circular world (dark gray sphere gets in between the view of my prop and my camera is the best I can do to describe it) gets in the way.

I think I have done this before, but on Saturday morning before I have had enough caffeine to think properly I don't remember.

Thanks,

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/69e7f8e9-c7ca-453f-95d2-16c9.png

P.S. While building this project, a feature that would make this type of process super easy would be a 'Create Plane From Image' button that you browse for an image, and a plane that is the correct dimensions as the image would be created. Now I duplicate one image and reshape it as best I can by looking, but I know I am not getting accurate proportions.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Edited
5 Years Ago by Data Juggler
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
The first thing that comes to mind is to enlarge the sphere. I have to do that sometimes with a sky as well.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
That worked!

I actually didn't have a Sky was my first problem, so I Imported in Universal Sky from 

(Windows 10 location)
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 7 Template\iClone Template\Sky\Universal.iSky

The scale was at 1,000 and I set it to 5,000 and now I can turn my prop around 360 if I need to.

I think I had done this before because I have another big project, but still many thanks.

I am against ever using a digital personal assistant like Alexa or Cortana, etc. because I don't trust the companies that make them enough to let them always record me, but I can see how having a Google that is trainable could have value as I get older.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Reading This Topic