Profile Picture

Some basic questions (switching from Daz)

Posted By sterlenejc 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sterlenejc
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi guys, I have been watching wuite a lot of videos about CC3 and after all that time finally decided to make a switch from Daz. So basically I’m just interested if my current characters will work with CC3 along with morphs, poses, clothing etc. Also, all the lighting, environments and all the other stuff?

Side question, but important one: I want to create skin texture from real people. I have a volunteer and a camera, but I don’t know how to take pictures to capture skin detail (that’s the whole point). Anyone ever tried something like this?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 13 minutes ago
Hi...

Providing your Daz characters are Genesis 1,2,3 or 8, or Victoria/Michael 3,4 based then they can be imported into Character Creator 3 Pipeline and converted to CC3 compatible avatars. You can also import your Daz hair and accessories into CC3 as well as individual clothing from any 3rd party source if it is OBJ format.

Regarding your second question, if you are referring to 3D scanning then we have a number of resources to help with this pipeline. Please see the link below for more information.

https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/3d-scan.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic