Posted By 3dtester 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
3dtester
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi folks,
the situation: i have created a small animation (30 seconds) and at some point i wanted to do a test render and then i found out that i had been in by-frame mode all the time.

Now i have a clip which is simply playing too fast Crazy
Before i mess everything up i wanted to ask if it has any advantages to generally work in by-frame mode (i used it to bake physics).

And secondly: what would be to easiest approach to fix the time and speed of all the tracks now.
Should i continue working in by-frame mode and later resample the clip to make it slower, or would i have to fix the length and speed of all the animations.

Thanks,
3dtester

Edited
5 Years Ago by 3dtester
3dtester
3dtester
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The question is still valid, but i have now rendered the clip at 60fps, then down-sampled it using avidemux.
I'm happy with the result Laugh

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I would note that, in general, most animators work from a sound track, even if just a temp one.  So the problem you describe should never come up, as you would have to play in real time to adjust and as the timing will be controlled with it.  You can indeed stretch all the animations out or, as you found, do it in post, but I find it best to animate from the voice track at the very least.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
In by-frame mode the view-port playback speed is sort of undetermined and largely depends on the complexity of the scene.

In real-time mode, 1 second is 1 second so if you use that for timing you will be OK. You can the render at your desired FPS for editing and distribution: 30 FPS, 24 FPS, etc.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic