Profile Picture

iClone is missing contests and fun learning projects.

Posted By Dragonskunk 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I was hoping there would be by now a recreate this in iClone type contest where a video is shown of either a real life or a simulated effect and see who could recreate it best. It would be an fun way to learn interesting creative ways make things happen with iclone. To see how users could be able to recreate a scene based only on a gif or video. More things created with iClone would attract more users to get iClone and those who already have iClone a fun challenge to keep things interesting.

Just an idea.

A challenge example based on real life:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/12271e89-daec-4edd-922b-34a3.gif 

A challenge example based on other CG software.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/153b2e78-0fe8-4097-a267-9e53.gif

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f0d5a6aa-f907-4e06-b7ab-3cc3.jpg
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I think this would be a great idea. Like a game jam but for iClone.
We could try mimic a thing or use a theme and the users can create and post a video tutorial or rendered video to show how to mimic it. This would also be a source to inspire new plugins for iClone (I was thinking on a plugin to create the cupcake iceing animation). The forum can then vote on the best tutorial and scene. The tutorials would be a great learning resource while scenes would show what you can do in iClone. Users could also give away stuff as prizes to get some advertisement of their content. Ex if I want too, I could state that I give away a plugin for the winner and another smaller plugin as the jumbo prize. Or a prize for top 3... (But I don't know if the marketplace got features that allow you to give content to specific users for free). Plugins are fine as they can be handed over by providing the user with the zip file.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Edited
5 Years Ago by The-any-Key
Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

Maybe prizes if it gets popular.
It doesn't have to be prizes other than maybe a iProp of a trophee.
Maybe a small animation of your favorite avatar getting an award. 

Edited
5 Years Ago by Dragonskunk
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
That sounds like a great idea.  It could a nice way to develop a specific skill.  There should be nothing stopping you (or anyone else) from organizing little contests (or "challenges") like that.

I like the idea of it focusing on a specific task or technique.  That should be much less of a time commitment than trying to write and animate an entire movie.

Each person should be expected to at least describe how they did it.

Perhaps Reallusion could support it with some "Points" for the winners to spend in the store.  You could use a Forum "poll" to let people vote on the winners, or the contest organizer could also be the judge.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

3dtester
3dtester
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Good idea! I vote for it Smile

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
We used to have the "Pinhead" competitions, which were a lot of fun, but also a lot of work for the organizers.

RL used to organize more competitions themselves in the past. At some point they introduced Facebook voting, which I think is a very bad idea and gives skewed results. So judging is indeed a challenge. A poll may not be so bad.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

BlueyCreative
BlueyCreative
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I think this is a great idea. Always good to see how people achieve results. 

Bluey Creative in the Marketplace

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

justaviking (6/4/2019)
That sounds like a great idea.  It could a nice way to develop a specific skill.  There should be nothing stopping you (or anyone else) from organizing little contests (or "challenges") like that.

If I'm not doing my own projects I'm writing bugs to Feedback Tracker. I never made so many bug reports... Probably why 7.41 has been around for a while. And there's my day. As for organizing... Maybe when I get my pilot episode made and 7.5.1 comes out and I don't have to fight the software to make it do what I want it to do then I'll see. 

Edited
5 Years Ago by Dragonskunk
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I'm with Ani here. Poll voting would be way better than FB voting. Great video by someone not very active on FB gets trounced by someone active on FB with 2,000 friends. Would be fun to do short vids kinda like what Drangonskunk is mentioning here. Longer vids like the Pinhead contests are great, but very involved. I never participated because I did have the time to devote to it. Doing something like the "11 Second Club" does would be fun as well. A shot 11 second clip and you have to animate it any way you see fit. Would be cool to see what comes out of iClone instead of professional animators like the 11 Second Club.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Dragonskunk
Dragonskunk
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I don't do the 11 second club since I been using iClone, silly but I feel like I'm cheating using iClone for that contest. 

Reading This Topic