Profile Picture

Adobe Illustrator support in Cartoon Animator 4?

Posted By Jerome V 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Jerome V
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Will there ever be support for Adobe Illustrator vector files in Cartoon Animator 4?
It's a feature that, if it would be included, would make me upgrade to Cartoon Animator 4 immediately.
In fact, it's the only reason for me to subscribe to Adobe Character Animator instead of upgrading to Cartoon Animator 4.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
There currently isn't a direct input of Adobe Illustrator vector files but you can bring your Illustrator artwork using the PSD Templates.

If you would like to see new features implemented, please do remember to make use of our Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant departmental teams and you may get feedback from the team there if applicable. This is the best way to get your suggestions considered. In addition, it allows other users to support your request with the most requested suggestions getting priority.

To use the Feedback Tracker, please click the link below. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Jerome V
Jerome V
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I didn't use the Feedback Tracker, because I still haven't decided if I will upgrade to CTA4, now that the Early Bird special offer has been extended.
In other words, I can't send Reallusion feedback about a product I don't yet own.

Thanks for your reply anyway, Peter. I always appreciate your help.

I guess the workaround for vector import would be to convert Illustrator files to PSD files first, like you suggested, and then import them into CTA4 with the highest possible resolution and then scale down the graphics in the scene.
That would make it possible to scale things up in a project (when needed) without getting blurry lines, right?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
We do have templates for Adobe Illustrator available (CTA3/CTA4 Pipeline users). We also have a tutorial video which shows how to bring in your AI content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Ue9Ec_NJM

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic