Profile Picture

360 degrees body turn for 360 degrees characters

Posted By kumakittycat 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kumakittycat
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
It's really hard to create a proper animation with the character body stuck in a single angle. If the G2 could turn (albeit jerky movements), why can't the G3 360s. If the heads can turn 360 degrees smoothly, can't the same concept be configured for the body? Note that my aim is to use free bone characters that I create myself.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The feedback that we received about the G2 characters was that they were great to use but it was too difficult to create custom characters. With G3 characters we have made it much easier to create your own custom characters but at the loss of the multi-angle functionality. For sure though if the team can find a happy medium and come up with an easy way to create multi-angle G3 360 characters then we will certainly do so.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

candlelight2007
candlelight2007
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I would strongly back this one up! I come from software dev background myself and I realize that this feature may not be an easy one to implement but it would be a game changer for sure. And I think after G360 head it would have been the next logical step.

Speaking of difficulty of G2 creation, one of my other dream features would be a character builder, much like Character Creator for iClone. If anything, I think that it shouldn't be overly difficult to create an exporter to generate a 2D CA4 character from the existing Character Creator based on the 3D character. I am pretty sure that a couple of demo 360 heads in CA4 look like they are in fact generated from 3D character.
joramabbas
joramabbas
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)Senior Member (302 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I agree with you 100%!!
Since G2 figures are becoming obsolete in the Marketplace, I think it would be logical for a 360 degrees body. Maybe the development team is lazy....Please, get us out of our misery, and get us that 360 degrees body!!
kimber_17
kimber_17
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I too would like to add my voice to this request. 360 bodies to go with 360 heads WOULD be a game-changer.
I've been thinking about designing some experiements to attempt to create a pseudo-360 character using the current tools available in CA4.
I am convinced that it is possible, if not difficult. I'll be happy to post my results, if anyone might find that helpful/useful.
pmcbythesea
pmcbythesea
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Again, seconded. Coming new to CA this is a big disappointment that the G2 functionality is not available for g3 characters.

Reading This Topic