Profile Picture

Does IClone have any volume level controls?

Posted By Data Juggler 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I record some voice narration real early in the morning, like 3 - 5 AM when the noise level of my complex and the busy road out my window have this not as noisy timeout for a couple of hours when the bars are closed and not many have left for work yet.

I know how to post mix fix audio levels, but saving one step in this all has to be done by me process is always a good thing, does IClone have any volume levels. I haven't tried switching out audio files; if I do not lose the vesemes that I set than I can just upload it again.

Thanks

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

justaviking
This post has been flagged as an answer
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
iClone only has very basic volume controls.
From the iC7 User Manual (searched for "volume"):
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9aa62685-5879-4cd7-a39e-1d2a.jpg
This is one of the reasons I have starting doing all (or nearly all) my audio work in the NLE.  It allows much more control over individual audio tracks, and also allows me to vary the volume over time, rather than one setting for the entire project.  I treat the audio inside iClone as "placeholder" audio, used to create visemes and to help me with the editing (mostly timing) and creative process.

If you export to a sequence of PNGs, you need to reassemble your audio in your NLE anyway.  Even if I render straight to video, which I still do sometimes, I'm still very likely to replace most of the audio in my NLE.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
5 Years Ago by justaviking
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

I actually record in another audio editor rather than via the Record Script.

To be the dumb person in the room as usual, can you explain the acronym NLE? 

For some stupid reason I feel like reading the manual is akin to looking at the answers to a crossword puzzle.

Thanks, I will stick to my audio outside of IClone and place holders like you suggested and I have been doing.

I just thought I was adding 20 minutes to 30 seconds of animation that already takes (me) 2 hours.

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
5 Years Ago by Data Juggler
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
NLE  - Non-linear Editor, which is a fancy name for a video editor.

Non-linear stems from the fact the clips that you use to compose your final video are manipulated without changing the original because everything is by reference.

I use Vegas Pro, but there are others such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro (for the Mac), etc.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I use Movavi due to the price is pretty cheap and it renders really fast compared to some others I have used, and it was under $100.

I purchased Hit Film, but I couldn't read the menus and they didn't have a font selector so I got my money back.

Thanks for the acronym explanation.

PixelDatabase.Net

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Not to be anal retentive, but the term nonlinear refers to  the fact that you  can edit video with utter disregard 
for the actual linear order in which was captured or shot.

In the old days of the Zoetrope editor( sp?) and film cannisters,Movie were typically shot in the linear order 
of the screenplay: opening scene -establishing characters, narratives - conflict-resolution-the end.

Today ,of course, you can film the epic final battle with Transformers and the Decepticons on day one and shoot
all of the "people sitting around making bad  jokes", stuff after that but edit it in any nonlinear order to fit the 
screen play.

This BTW is why Iclone,Motionbuilder even Daz studio  Animate2 ,has what is called a"nonlinear motion clip editor".

We are not stuck with the actual linear A,B,C,order in which we captured,recorded ,keyframed our animation data.

We can reorder them to our hearts content  just as we do with video in Final cut ,Premier, vegas etc.
The fact that our NLE's only works with reference copies makes them "Non destructive" editors.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by AutoDidact
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It is funny even though I read the answer to this post yesterday, 12 seconds before this email arrived informing of this post I still was kind of wondering what non-linear meant, and not a minute later I was answered.

So Universe, since today is my day, I need the lottery numbers, a cure for cancer, and a way to financially lift the poorest half of our planet (3.5 billion people) out of poverty without the richest half stealing it from them like usual.

--
I am aware movies are filmed where all the scenes in one set might be filmed together or if a movie has a few scenes in another location somewhere else you don't have to travel there 3 times to film just because the movie does.

There are a bunch of video / audio editing features that would make IClone better if they had them, but IClone is complicated enough software, as we are almost at 6 months since the last update already.

Thanks for the explanation. I wish I didn't have to "go" to work so I could spend more time on animation and other fun stuff.
I work from home so I shouldn't complain, but it still isn't the same as working on your own dreams. 

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
5 Years Ago by Data Juggler
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
It's sort of funny... I tend to (usually) include a brief definition of NLE (a.k.a. "video editing software") when I use the term.  The time I don't, I should have.  Yeah, life is funny that way.

About the term, NLE, even if you're cutting actual film, you could physically splice any film bits in any sequence, so you'd still be working in an NLE mode, wouldn't you?  Many years ago I worked with a professional video producer on a short project, and it was based on video tape (professional grade stuff), but we still copied and re-sequenced a lot of our footage.

So I'm left with the question, unless you do NO editing, and only film in-sequence with your camera, which is not editing, when would you be doing "Linear editing?"

(Sorry if i'm getting too off-topic.)

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

About the term, NLE, even if you're cutting actual film, 

you could physically splice any film bits in any you could physically splice any film bits in any 

sequence, so you'd still be working in an NLE mode, sequence, so you'd still be working in an NLE mode, 

wouldn't you?wouldn't you?
Technically no.
Imagine having the entire starwars film on 70mill
(or whatever) on a reel.
what happens if I want to edit the death star destruction 
part?
although I may be able to spin up my Zoetrope  or Video 
tape machine in fast forward mode that is still a linear trip in time from the beginning of the Film/tape to the death star bit and a royal pain in the a**
with Digital video footage in Final cut etc I can instantly 
jump to the death star sequence ,or any where else in the 
film, in a Non Linear fashion completely bypassing the 
bits I dont need to revisit.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I still remember seeing the making of the Wolf Man from the 40's where they would change his make up as the character walked behind building columns to make him transform from a human to a wolf man "before" our very eyes.

Movie houses used to have to splice in previews and ads and that is why sometimes they would come into a theater with boat loads of free passes because a movie got spliced one too many times.

I don't think I would have made it in a non-digital world.

PixelDatabase.Net

Reading This Topic