I'm having trouble installing some old content into Iclone7

Posted By XBF2112 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

I'm having trouble installing some old content into Iclone7

Author
XBF2112
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
It's this content pack right here. https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/iClone/pack/Horse/Horse.htm

I know, it's an old content pack from about 12 years ago, but I thought there was going to be a way to make it work in this current version of iClone. All I get is the default horse that came with Iclone5 and none of the other content like the saddles, the rider poses is showing up. I found the pack in the Not Installed/Non DRM section of the Packages tab but every single time I click on it, I get redirected to the main Reallusion page. 

Anyways, is there any way to get this content to work in the current version of iClone? Or am I screwed and I just threw 75 bucks down the drain? 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

There were two versions of the Horse & Tack Theme pack. The first was for iClone 2 but there was also an updated version of the pack for iClone 4.

It seems you have purchased the very old iClone 2 version which comes in a file format not readable with iClone 7 (.VNS).

However, it is possible to resolve the problem by manually renaming the file extensions from .VNS to .iAcc, .iProp, .iMotion etc.

To do this go to each Horse folder and sub-folders in your iClone 7 Content Manager, right-click the folder and choose "Find File". This will open Windows File Explorer at the appropriate folder where you can make the changes (see below for an example). You will find the main Horse folder and sub-folders in the following locations in Content Manager:

Actor > Accessory > Horse
Animation > Motion > Horse
Set > Prop > Horse

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/38e1aec9-1e00-4b84-a04f-e6f1.png

Please Note: if you would rather exchange your pack for the iClone 4 version, please contact Customer Support and they should be able to help you out (there may be an additional charge). The iClone 4 version product page can be found below.

https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/csproduct.aspx?contentid=AIC400DIENU011620090924001

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

XBF2112
XBF2112
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)New Member (76 reputation)

Okay, so I got it to work, but I'm having another problem now. A charachter that I made in Charachter Creator for some reason can't mount the horse. It gives the error "Error Adding "operate" command". Is there something I'm missing here? 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The horses in this older pack are Props rather than the Non-Human Characters (CreatureBase) that came with the newer iClone 4 version of the pack.

In the older pack, you will have to apply the character manually to the horse. To do this try the following:

1. Select the character,
2. Use "Link" from the Modify Panel to link the character to the horse.
3. Roughly position the character as if mounted on the horse.
4. Apply one of the two Idle sitting motions to the character from Animation > Motion > Horse > (Horse type folder).
5. Now tweak the positioning of the character so he is sitting perfectly in the saddle.

Note: You can see the original instructions from iClone 2 below which may help:

https://www.reallusion.com/Contentstore/iclone/pack/Horse/Help_2.htm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

XBF2112
XBF2112
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Okay, but the thing is,  I actually bought the updated Creature base version as well. Is there any way to make the mounting/riding Operate commands work with a CC3 character? Or am I totally screwed here? 
XBF2112
XBF2112
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

The other method does work though.

Reading This Topic