Profile Picture

We are almost ready to do our very first animating...

Posted By Kimmie777 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey guys! :-) 
In your own personal experiences, how much memory space does actual animation take up vs the scene being set and the characters being on the set? 
Our debut video clip will be with someone speaking (quite passionately) and arms moving while he is speaking. 
There will be roughly 20 characters in the background. 
Some of the characters will be in the near background and then some of them will be standing further out in the background. 
The characters will have very light swaying / normal 'standing still' motion to them. 
There will be a few close-ups of the characters in the very near background (which of course means we need good quality characters there and the ones behind them). 
I already have most of the people placed inside of the very plush scene and it is taking up about 5 GB so far... We will probably land at 6 GB total before the audio is loaded and the animation begins. 
Can a used 12 GB graphics card handle that many people? 
I've heard a little bit about 'crowd walls / billboards'.  When would those be recommended and under what camera views would those not be recommended?  
Or should we be OK either way to run the scene? 
We need all of the advice you can give us, you guys!!  We are finally here! 
~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

--> More Information On This Bible Film Production Can Be Found At: 
www.TrackingJESUS.net/Productions 

--> Become An Early Subscriber To The 'Tracking JESUS' YouTube Channel At: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMx91AySc3QuF-SS_3mGQQ

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
i have tests with 16 avatars at 25 fps , * very workable for me, but i recomend some things
first one - you scene must be just one prop, merge togheter all your scene in only one object outside iclone ( max, blender anyone ) 
second one, use at maximum 4 cams * you dont need more than that believe , just alternate your 4 cams m create many cams will
drop down the performance 
third one if will be a massive crowd use cc3 to baking all maps into a single one, and transform the characters on animated props. 
have fun Smile 
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

remember all things slow down iclone and make the experience bad. this last version reduce it a lot but still a problem. 
so dont use many lights
dont use many cams
dont use many objects ( merge all things will be static on your scene ) 
think about a developer inside unity creating for android, how less drawcalls more enjoyable experrience
its bad say that about iclone its many times better now , but performance problems still persists. 
ps i use a Titan X with 12 gigs. 

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ahh, many motion clips will decrese the performance too.  ahahahha. 
so work in pieces. like 4 shots per project... 
Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

We have greenery everywhere in the scene.  So we need to keep them in iClone. 
All of our props in this scene are rocks and trees and flowers and shrubbery. 
1st question: Where is the button at to clear anything it has already recorded in our scene? 
I ask this because we did some test renders with various wind settings. 
When we play it back, it has some of the variations recorded and changing in it. 
My 2nd question is on the wind itself: Where is the wind setting for wind on objects? 
All I see is 'plant wind'. 
I shut off the plant wind altogether for the moment (just to start fresh).
But their flowing outfits are still blowing in the wind when I play it back. 

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wind just interact with speed tress , is what i know. you cant use wind to interact with props, for it you want to work with another iclone module
nvidia physics for no soft models ( props )  

Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wildstar: All I know is when I play it back, the wind is blowing the outfits. 
So somehow the wind is picking up the outfits too.  
They are soft flowing garments.  So maybe they are just easy for the wind to move? 
~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Also: How do I clear what it has recorded on the scene to just start fresh in recording the scene? 
~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I figured out part of the windy clothing... I didn't have it calculate collision or transfer skin weights on a few of the characters' clothing pieces because those articles fit them just fine without any issues or any penetrating of the other clothing items... And they also moved with various poses of the characters... But it still puzzles me as to how those clothing items can look like they are blowing in gusty winds when the characters have been standing completely still. 

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
To activate wind on object , you must activate physics on the object then you have access to the wind setting.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/00af925b-68f2-4658-b1ed-26c8.jpg

Reading This Topic