Profile Picture

iClone stock render engine vs. iClone Iray render engine vs Unreal Engine 4 render engine

Posted By Renaissance Man Studios 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone stock render engine vs. iClone Iray render engine vs Unreal...

Author
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I wanted to see the see how quality vs render time stacked up with IC7 stock, Iray, and UE4.
Iray is way too long in my opinion. I wish there was a way to use it with an online render farm.
The UE4 render was lighted differently so this really is an apples-to-apples comparison.
The next test will be using a DAZ set/environment and a DAZ character to make the comparison more across the boards.

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
I noticed myself in testing that Unreal regular vs Unreal raytrace is not that much different, unless you really start working within the paradigm of the Unreal raytrace. 
Tailoring the scene to look good in regular Unreal doesn't then get super-boosted up by rendering with DXR-RTX raytracing. 

It is similar to iClone and Iray, where the most benefits will come from Iray when you tweak everything in the Iray scene primarily, as opposed to tweaking the iClone scene first and then rendering that in Iray.

Reading This Topic