Profile Picture

Range Limits // Sleepiness

Posted By newoski 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
newoski
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm trying to animate a sleepy character. Is there any way to limit range of motion on, for example, eyelids... So they look continuously droopy, while blinking/looking around? I plan to use motion blocks and imort a character from DAZ. Help with a solution via iClone or in DAZ, before import, would be freat
Edited
5 Years Ago by newoski
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
If you want the eyes to be droopy all the time you can send it so CC3 and edit the eyes and send it back to iClone.

But if you want more control I suggest you send it to CC3. Edit the eyes and export it as iAvatar. And back in iClone you open Morph creator and add the iAvatar. This will allow you to morph the eyes when you want them droopy.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
newoski
newoski
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)Junior Member (207 reputation)

The-any-Key (5/22/2019)
If you want the eyes to be droopy all the time you can send it so CC3 and edit the eyes and send it back to iClone.

But if you want more control I suggest you send it to CC3. Edit the eyes and export it as iAvatar. And back in iClone you open Morph creator and add the iAvatar. This will allow you to morph the eyes when you want them droopy.

Thanks. Playing around with this, now. One follow up question, if I create a morph to control the eyes, as you describe, is it possible to progressively dial up the morph to where I want it to be, but have the character automagically blink, from time to time,  respecting the amount I have the eyes open? IE, not exceeding that limit while opening and closing the eyes?
Edited
5 Years Ago by newoski
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Don't know if you can customize the automagic blink morph strength in iClone itself. I however added some new features in one of my plugins to allow custom blinks with droopy eyes (at the end of this tutorial).

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Edited
5 Years Ago by The-any-Key
newoski
newoski
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

The-any-Key (5/24/2019)
Don't know if you can customize the automagic blink morph strength in iClone itself. I however added some new features in one of my plugins to allow custom blinks with droopy eyes (at the end of this tutorial).

Thanks! Looking forward to experimenting with this

Reading This Topic