AHHH one bug i find it. !

Posted By wildstar 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
this last version was the more rock stable and fast version on iclone.  but i find ONE! ahaahah
and is easy to reproduce . just put a a h264 video as texture on any prop and put to render as a 360 animation/frames 
the video will not play and be on first frame till end of the rendering.. 
another bug with videos a textures is if the video used as texture have sound. if you mute the sound of texture on timeline
all sounds/music will be muted forcing you unmute the audio from texture to get all things working again. ( iclone will crash on this situation ) 

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Hey Athos .... If you're talking about IC version 7.41.2525.1 - I can confirm that....
I just tried your test (using a h264 video file dropped onto a cube) - and yes when attempting to render out (I chose AVI), the entire output video (360 frames) is showing ONLY frame 1 - nothing else. (Other videos of different codecs were successful as far as rendering all 360 frames of motion).
As far as the audio is concerned, you were more successful than me - lol. I couldn't get ANY audio recorded out from the textured prop. I checked/unchecked the "mute" control on the timeline, used *various* sound videos as the texture in different "formats". I tried rendering OUT using various codecs from the iClone "dropdown", even using *export WAV*. But nothing. No rendered audio regardless of what I did ....

Edit: OK - just tried "another" AVI with audio, and it DID allow for exporting of a wav file - I'll do some more testing .......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 17 minutes ago
If it was an MP4 video, there have been reported playback problems with those in other instances as well.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Yes it seems that the format *type* is key to the success of this. iClone is currently fussy about it.
It's probably best to avoid "distribution" codecs all together. I've had really good success with an intermediary codec called *magicYUV*
I'd purchased this a few months back for use in Vegas Pro. It's a truly amazing codec, and trying it here as a texture on a prop works really well - audio and all. Like I say, it's an amazing codec and it's *mathematically LOSSLESS*. (I've done tests with it in the past and you can go as many "generations" as you wish - you'll never loose quality). I think it's all of $14 (8, 10, 12 & 14 bit color depth) and there's also an 8bit only version for $9. There's also a "prior release" FREE version - (though this version's no longer maintained). I honestly can't speak highly enough of this codec - it performs really well in so many ways. Being effectively lossless, file sizes are large. At 23.976fps (using 24bit Audio) using 1920 x1080 frames, allow 2.5GB per min. (150GB/hr) - but the ***Quality**** is amazing - you can composite as many generations as you wish ......  Smile

Don't get confused with the brand - it's MagicYUV ---- NOT Magix  ...... lol.

Reference:
https://www.magicyuv.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 36 minutes ago

Delivery formats Like MP4 are NOT recommended as Video textures in Any program.

This is because your render program may not support all of the many codecs used in delivery formats
that seem to change quite often. 

In fact I do not use Video files at all  for my animated computer screens/monitors 
in my Sci fi based animations rendered in Maxon Cinema4D.

I use a series of uncompressed PNG or targas instead.
This is much less computationally intensive particularly when you are trying to
have your video start at a specific frame after its beginning and your  rendering
software does not have to go sperlunking
through some large  MP4 or Avi container to find the correct frame.

As far a sound is concerned, I always add my Audio tracks in Apple Final cut  pro
where I have much more  precise control over synching both voice audio and environmental sound effects.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by AutoDidact
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@AutoDidact >>>> " I use a series of uncompressed PNG or targas instead. This is much less computationally intensive particularly when you are trying to have your video start at a specific frame after its beginning and your  rendering software does not have to go sperlunking through some large  MP4 or Avi container to find the correct frame. "  <<<<

Yes, that's certainly an advantage. I'd probably go that route if I wasn't so accustomed to video files. (old dog / new tricks syndrome)

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Just fixed this problem yesterday by updating k-lite to the latest version: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost413582.aspx

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
I confirm, I use MP4 format for water texture and everything is ok. You have just to update your video codec (I use K-lite too)

mark
mark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Awhile back when I loaded the  K-lite's it seemed to mess with playback in Vegas Pro on my system so had to uninstall them.Blink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
I use K lite with Vegas pro and no problem for me

Reading This Topic