AHHH one bug i find it. !

Posted By wildstar 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

@Mark >>> " Awhile back when I loaded the  K-lite's it seemed to mess with playback in Vegas Pro on my system so had to uninstall them " <<<
I've read some stories about this sort of thing happening to some people - but then for others, they don't seem to have any problem. I'll admit it's kept me from installing the pack, (though I used to use it years back without a hitch). I just decided I didn't want to take the risk on my most recent PC. Mileage seems to vary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I have used an alternate code pack over the years: http://shark007.net/advanced.html. You can read on his page why it is to be preferred.

The problems seems to be that some codec packs cause conflicts with existing codecs and/or that some software installs their own and mess everything up. Sharky claims to fix that by in addition to installing codecs also doing a cleanup.

As to image sequences for Diffuse maps: this has been requested for iClone quite some time ago, probably before the Feedback Tracker was introduced. As yet no dice, so maybe time to revisit.

As many here, I only render in image sequences out of iClone, so no codec hassle there.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
mark (5/21/2019)
Awhile back when I loaded the  K-lite's it seemed to mess with playback in Vegas Pro on my system so had to uninstall them.Blink

That's the problem with using codec packs like K-Lite. Installing them often messes with your other audio visual software. To each there own of course, but I personally would never use K-Lite and would rather convert MP4 to other formats such as AVI or WMV just to be on the safe side.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Peter (RL) (5/21/2019)
mark (5/21/2019)
Awhile back when I loaded the  K-lite's it seemed to mess with playback in Vegas Pro on my system so had to uninstall them.Blink

That's the problem with using codec packs like K-Lite. Installing them often messes with your other audio visual software. To each there own of course, but I personally would never use K-Lite and would rather convert MP4 to other formats such as AVI or WMV (or use Sequence Image formats) just to be on the safe side.

i dont try to render a mp4 video , i only work with frame sequences. i talk about render a 360 animation with videos as textures inside the animation. i will test without klite instaled
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 13 minutes ago
Your best bet is to use AVI as the video source file you add to your scene.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
wildstar (5/22/2019)

i dont try to render a mp4 video , i only work with frame sequences. i talk about render a 360 animation with videos as textures inside the animation. i will test without klite instaled

That's what I'm talking about. Using MP4 video as video textures in your projects requires additional codecs to be installed like the K-Lite pack. I would rather convert those MP4 videos to AVI or WMV and use those formats rather than install a codec pack which may cause problems. This isn't anything new, this same situation has applied since the early days of iClone.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
thx and sorry is not a iclone bug ( one more time ) is just in case to use the correct codecs. i use a WMV windows media and solved

Reading This Topic