Profile Picture

consistant crashing on Mac version of CA4

Posted By Kirk Lemieux Last Year
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
OldRoz
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi, David, 

I was able to use CTA 3, finally, but I have to redo EVERYTHING. I have characters that I spent hours creating that I will never be able to use.  I hope you can download it again. I still have CTA 3 on my computer and didn't have to try to download it, thank God.

I spent way too much time yesterday making a video of CTA 4 crashing (as requested), uploading it to Dropbox, trying to get that crash report into a format that Reallusion can use, and just plain dealing with this. 

I hope that Reallusion refunds money to Mac users who bought CTA 4 in good faith, and will not be able to use it. I bought the $300 USD package. For me, that is a lot of money. 
Edited
Last Year by OldRoz
jareddsmith
jareddsmith
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I'm on a mac, the only time it crashes is if I don't save it upfront, and then save it after any major edits. It does not crash if I keep saving. 
OldRoz
OldRoz
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)Senior Member (323 reputation)

At this point, I'd be happy with that. But really, should you have to save with each edit to either avert a crash, or to protect your work because a crash can happen at any time? 
grokker
grokker
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Here's how to capture a CA4 crash report on OSX and submit it as an attachment with an issue:
- Open the Console application
- From the View menu, select Show Sources
- From the Source column, select User Reports 
- Look for CartoonAnimator4Pro_ or CartoonAnimator4Pipeline_ with a timestamp appended
- Right click on the most recent file, select Reveal in Finder
- Select one (or more) crash reports, copy
- Paste the report(s) to the desktop
- Group-select the pasted reports, right click, select Compress… to create a zip file
- Submit the zip file as an attachment to an issue.

G
jareddsmith
jareddsmith
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)Senior Member (337 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Yes, annoying, but I come from losing work with Adobe software for not saving after a number of edits... so I always hit Command S every few minutes, out of habit. 

chris.dabbs87
chris.dabbs87
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)

I'm having the same issues - it's a very serious concern. The program worked fine initially and then after a few days started crashing regularly to the point where I can barely use it at all. Did you find a fix? 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
davidcarducci (6/6/2019)
Hi Peter,

I appreciate the help, but the solution brings me back to one of the problems I'm having. 

For some reason, the option to download to CrazyTalk Animator 3 does not appear in the Installer. Only Cartoon Animator 4. 

I'm adding the screenshot. Is there something I am not doing right?

Thanks,

Davehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f47a910d-53d4-4d5b-ace3-c809.png

Hi Dave

Thank you for explaining more about the problem.

If you have CrazyTalk Animator 3 installed but it is not showing up in the Content Downloader, I would advise contacting Technical Support who will be able to check this issue and advise you further. In the meantime, you could also try uninstalling CTA3 and reinstall to see if this resolves the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

OldRoz
OldRoz
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Received an update to my ticket. The problem has been submitted to the development team, which still needs a few more days. It has already been a week.

I doubt that there is a solution at this point, or if there is a solution, it won’t be found for months. I paid $300 USD for software that is apparently useless. The right thing to do is issue refunds. I feel like I’ve been robbed.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (58.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
OldRoz (6/11/2019)

I doubt that there is a solution at this point, or if there is a solution, it won’t be found for months.

What makes you think that? 

As I have mentioned many times, the CTA team are working hard to isolate the cause of this problem and get a fix out to those affected as soon as possible. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

davidcarducci
davidcarducci
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)New Member (42 reputation)

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the help! 
I reinstalled CrazyTalk Animator 3 and now the installer is working just fine.
Also, I'm very happy to hear that the team is working on a fix for Cartoon Animator 4 on the Mac. 
Like I said, I love the product and I'm anxious to start working with some of the new features like 360 heads!
Dave

Reading This Topic