Profile Picture

c3d Mocap to iClone - Newb Question

Posted By Hyzenthlay 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Hyzenthlay
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I tried to bring the Carnegie Mellon mocap library into iClone but I faceplanted hard. Here is the workflow I was expecting;

1/ Import the c3d mocap data into Blender.
2/ Export as BVH data.
3/ Import to 3DX-7.
4/ (Re-target) then export as a custom iMotion.

But when I get to step 3, 3DX just freezes up. The c3d files are pretty detailed and captured @120-fps. It that just too much for iClone to handle, or is my system just too puny?

Source link;
http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/search.php?subjectnumber=%&motion=%

Note: I tried reducing the data in Blender using Simplify Curves. The file size for the BVH was only 6.5Mb @24-fps but 3DX still freezes on import.
Hyzenthlay
This post has been flagged as an answer
Hyzenthlay
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)Senior Member (290 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Sorry. It turns out that I'm just re-inventing the wheel over here.

For anyone else interested in expanding their motion library, two guys called Roidz and Deozaan already did the heavy lifting on converting all 2500+ motion clips to FBX for the Daz Genesis armature. It's available for free on the Unity asset store. 3DX-7 converts it over to iClone in just a couple of clicks.

I still want to learn more about how to workflow big, messy raw mocap files into iClone though. Does anyone use Blender to do this?
Edited
5 Years Ago by Hyzenthlay

Reading This Topic