Profile Picture

Retargeting Helpgo

Posted By lwik 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lwik
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi All, I have a client that has a letter X as an avatar from their name. I have a WearNotch Mocap system and used 10 notches to capture motion data to use for the 10 bones that I have inside the 3D X. The Mocap data is an FBX file that has a standard human form, but my X object is non human form. I need to map that FBX data to the X and I am wondering if / how that is possible in 3D Xchange? When I start to record the mocap data it has the wearer stand in a neutral position to
calobrate. When I press record I have my actor raise his hands in to a T-Pose which then happens about a second in to the recording. Then after that I have my actor do his best to walk and move like the letter X. Smile I included 3 images. The 3D model of the X, and 2 images from the start and T pose of the FBX model. Can someone explain to me the process or send me to any docs or videos that describes how to remap the FBX joints to the X 3D model jonts?

Thanks!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b08b051b-597d-497f-b762-4285.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cfa0a906-49f3-46f5-bafe-db30.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/af2bfdf1-eb70-4de0-9298-6619.jpg
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
No expert here but if this were me I'd add enough bones to your X model so that 3DXChange will accept it as a non-standard human (you'd need head, neck for sure -- that might be all you'd need but without that model I can't say for certain).  

At that point it would accept any BVH data you could port over, so it would be easy-peasy to map any of the stuff you captured.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
lwik
lwik
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)

Hi, thanks for the response. So your saying to add bones in that I would not use anyway? Even though the X has no neck or head, your saying to add those joints anyway to make it work?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Yes, I would add them so that I could use any "traditional" BVH captures, which would just ignore those it doesn't use.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
We are all curious about the Wearnotch capture system. Let us know how it works out.

I've seen a couple people on the forum using Notch.
lwik
lwik
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Back in the office today so I will add what I think are just the head, neck and maybe feet joints and see how that works. Do I need to tweek the model in to an T-Pose too to make it work?

Thanks!
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
T-Pose too to make it work?
 not TPose needed if the arm bone are not binding to the Mesh 
But I'm  wonderedbecause the rig is not humanlike , retargeting makes only sence if want  you transfert the RL Bone rig to a similar rig for to use the RL Motions. 
What should your letter X do ?  Maybe convert to a non human Character is the better option ? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Reading This Topic