Using Daz Wings in iClone

Posted By Kelleytoons 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 18 minutes ago
Just a quick tutorial someone asked for on my YouTube channel:

Maybe someone -- Rampa? -- can explain to me how to get rid of all the child morphs that build the main one (it doesn't seem to work the way I think it should :>Wink

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

Mike, there is an easier way of importing DAZ morphs. Just bring in FBX version making sure morphs are set to Export in rules.
When in iClone, send a prop to Morph Creator. That is it. All available morphs are bound automagically.
The other thing is that a lot of them are not really necessary. You may delete them in Morph Creator.. or filter with Export rules in DAZ (which is a little pain).
But the main advantage is, that you do not need to combine and bake morphs in Morph Creator. Morphs are pre-posed so to speak, same as in DAZ.
Wings-Back for instance, would come as a single morph.

And as to question why they are still remain in the list when baked, because they belong to different meshes I suppose.
With a single mesh they all would be gone leaving the newly created single baked morph slider.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Clearly you didn't pay attention - these are not morphs (and thus they cannot be brought in automagically).  I show this in the beginning (there are only four morphs for the wings, none of which actually pose the wings but just *slightly* adjust the feathers).

They are boned transformations, which you can pose in Daz using controls.  But you cannot export them (except as I have shown).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Yes you can, you just did not try. All posable bones transformation can be exported as morphs - they are all listed.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Actually, I did try (and so did the person I was helping) -- we couldn't get it working.

But I'll try again.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I do not have wings to try, but from the experience with other things I am positive, that whatever you have listed in Pose tab normally listed in morphs column while exporting to FBX.
And setting rules to Export ALL always brings those morphs intact into Morph Creator.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, we tried all that without success but I'll try again.

I really hope you're right, because that would be a TON easier.  I'll see if I can play with it tomorrow (a bit late here tonight).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, got it working and figured out what was wrong.

I'm no Daz expert (which I always say, time and again) and nothing was clearer than this.  What I (and the guy who first brought this to my attention) was trying was to use the names of those posing controls as export morph names.  This resulted in no morphs coming in to CC3 (and we did NOT want all -- that brings in literally hundreds of morphs -- with my characters it approaches thousands since it also has all the character morphs and I have ALL the Daz characters).  So the key was to find out what the real name of those pose controls is, and you can do that in settings.

Turns out it's pretty simple -- they just don't use spaces.  So a control that is "Wings Down 1" is actually "WingsDown1".  Easy-peasy.  

Because all I wanted was a fraction of the various "Wings" controls I never tried just using the word "Wing" (which I suspect would have matched all of them and then some -- even those approach 50 morphs and impossible to deal with).  But knowing now how to specify the morph controls properly makes it easy to get all the "WingsDown" controls, for example, which is exactly what I wanted (in this case the relevant export rules needed are just three -- "WingsDown", "WingsUp" and "WingsBack".  That gives us around 12 morphs to control those wings exactly).

So thanks -- I really didn't like the other way of doing it (a TON more work) but couldn't figure out how to get it to work otherwise.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am glad it worked out. As I mentioned, a wildcard pattern sometimes is a pain to figure, but in most cases it can be figured out.
Worse case scenario, you'd need to insert a full name of the morphs listed on Export applet into rules import file to be sure.
Speaking of which... this DAZ interface is really dumb. You cannot copy/paste nothing out of it.
At some point I had to take a screenshoot, triple the size of it and use online OCR service to get the list of names (I am too lazy to type).

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Hookflash
Hookflash
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Are these morphs, when exported directly from Daz, still just linear vertex offsets? Or are we getting actual bone-based deformations?

Reading This Topic