Profile Picture

Suggestion for a Unified Body UV version of the CC3 Base Mesh.

Posted By dean.bouvier 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Suggestion for a Unified Body UV version of the CC3 Base Mesh.

Author
dean.bouvier
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi there,

I've really been enjoying using your product for a game project I am working on and we wanted to suggest that one variant of the CC3 Base you could provide that would be very nice to see is a 4K unified body UV texture map. The game base has a very nice setup for this but really isn't good enough for LOD0 in a high end modern game. And for optimization having a character with more polygon's isn't really a big deal these days but the high number of UV's and materials is a more significant cost causing many draw calls. It would be great to have a unified body UV and texture set like with the game base but with the improved mesh. I will likely just take it to maya and redo the UV there myself but it would be great not to have to do this as we go forward so we thought it would be good to suggest this form of base mesh be included in the future. If we had the ability we would add or replace the base mesh ourselves but it doesn't appear possible.

Another potential feature or approach to it that would be great to see is the ability to create a custom UV set to merge, the ones available in the InstaLOD section is missing that we think because the All, Type, and Item isn't really enough. For us for instance we would like to combine all the body together and use the kin shader, then put the eyes together in another and have the mouth on another simpler or specific material. Have the Hair/Eyelash by on the same map/material as the rest of the body/skin is really a bad idea in our opinion. Especially for such a small portion of the character to apply the masked or translucency.

We are really pleased with the functionality of the tools, and the results we are getting not just visually but also in speeding up our process is great, and we look forward to the roadmap'd features and other future improvements.

Thanks!
Demarii

Reading This Topic