Face 3D Tracker doesn't show markers on face

Posted By Brickhumme 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Brickhumme
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (979 reputation)Veteran Member (979 reputation)Veteran Member (979 reputation)Veteran Member (979 reputation)Veteran Member (979 reputation)Veteran Member (979 reputation)Veteran Member (979 reputation)Veteran Member (979 reputation)Veteran Member (979 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I really want to play with this, but when I try the 3D Tracker (and the other pieces) on my iMac, the built-in camera is recognized and I'll get a nice picture of my face - but no tracking dots (and yes, this is true whether or not the "show markers" box is checked). If everything is perfect, I'll see a quick scattering of dots around my face appear for a moment, but then they disappear. Playing with lighting didn't seem to help. Would love to get this resolved before my trial period expires!

Mac OS 10.14 32 GB memory 27-inch iMac
Albert_RL
Albert_RL
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)Senior Member (341 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Brickhumme,

apologies for the inconvenience, 
may I suggest you perform a screen recording regarding your issue, and sent it to our tech support.
We will be able to provide more assist if we have more information,
thank you.

customer support : https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html
( The attachment file size limitation of support form is 5 MB, if the file size is more than 5 MB,
please use cloud services such as Dropbox or OneDrive to make the file available to us.
waynewiz16
waynewiz16
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
i have this exact same problem with CTA 4.1 and Face3d tracker. Imac 27 inch, 40 Gb ram.
Did you ever get any help ?
waynewiz16
waynewiz16
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
i have this exact same problem with CTA 4.1 and Face3d tracker. Imac 27 inch, 40 Gb ram.
Did you ever get any help ?
gmalone
gmalone
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
UPDATE:  solved.  I have a full gray beard which includes a huge moustache that covers my mouth. The camera could not find my mouth and jawline, I'm guessing.  When I had someone else sit in front of the camera, the markers appeared fine. When I open my mouth and contort my head a little, the markers show up, sort of. I say 'solved', but now I know I can't easily use this feature as long as I have my beard.
---------
I too have the exact same problem. Using a Logitech webcam C930e USB camera. The camera connects, including to the Face3D server, green dots on servers, my face is shown, but no markers, and yes, the box is checked. CTA 4.3 Pipeline Paid.

What were the answers to the other inquiries about this? 
Edited
4 Years Ago by gmalone
jonesbonne
jonesbonne
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Hi, I have the same problem, too:
No markers and dots go on and off. I have no facial hair at all. 
The cartoon image worked at a 10% rate: the head doesn't move and the lips when working are not accurate.
Also, when I added an animation to show emotion the voice recording disappeared. When I tried to create a voice over to compensate, it imporrs but there is still no sound at the point where the added animation begins. Thank you for some help. 
DanielC_RL
DanielC_RL
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)

Hi Jonesbonne, 

Since your webcam feed had showed up, we believe Face3D is working properly.
Please make sure that your face is evenly lit and you are not sitting in a shadow or in poor lighting.
You will also get the best results if the webcam is facing directly at you and not at an angle.

If you're still having issue with tracking dots flickering, please provide us with your computer info (operating system, webcam brand,), and record your screen if it'll be all right to.
Our customer support : https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Thank you for the feedback.

DanielC

Reading This Topic