3DXchange update for current 3D Warehouse revamp

Posted By johnb4467 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
3dxchange does a better job than CC3 of importing Daz characters.
The reason, you  do do not import a DAZ Orginal in CC3 only a transformed mesh (retopo morph) that looks only like a DAZ Chatracter .
But in 3D xcahnge do import the  orginal mesh from DAZ , that mean no conforming CC feature 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
You can vote for Sketchup support here: https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/3DXchange-should-support-newer-Sketchup-versions.

Even though it's technically not possible, I think it's still important to express that this is an important feature, together with 64-bit support.

It would also be nice for the many users that have benefited form 3DXchange over the years to have an inkling of the proposed functionality once RL has made a decision. 3DXchange is more than just an import tool for 3D models.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Even if 3DXchange functionality gets built into iClone... "someday"... everyone with software development experience seems to agree that it should be "easy" to recompile the existing 3DXchange into a 64-bit version.  Even if no other changes were made, the support for larger files would be greatly appreciated.

Of course it's not as easy as pushing a button, but it should be a straight-forward task, which could (I assume) be delivered to the users quickly while we wait for some still-unannounced replacement.  It could be a year or two before we see a "replacement" for 3DXchange from Reallusion.  This update should have been done a couple years ago, at least.  So... why not now?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 49 minutes ago
Often times when one sees a major aspect of a modern application still languishing
in a 32 bit  version ,when the main core app has long been 64  bit ,it is due to licensing.

3DXchange , or some parts thereof, may have been leased from a third party 
with restrictions on how the code can be altered & redistributed.

We see the exact same situation with the built-in mimic lipsinc plugin in Daz studio.

This function only exist in the 32 bit version of Daz studio.
( that  nearly no one bothers to install these days)

when pressed for a reason, by animators, Daz finally conceded it was a licensing issue
and has since released a separate  ,paid 64 bit, "Mimic Live" plugin of their own.

The fact that RL is openly hinting that an outright replacement of 3DX
 is under consideration, makes me wonder if they have a simlar licensing problem
preventing  a 64 bit recompile.

At any rate  ,whatever replaces 3DX had better have ALL of the motion retargeting
options for those of us who only use iclone for motionbuilding&exporting 
and have no  real need to import props into Iclone.

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by AutoDidact
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 46 minutes ago
justaviking (5/19/2019)
Even if 3DXchange functionality gets built into iClone... "someday"... everyone with software development experience seems to agree that it should be "easy" to recompile the existing 3DXchange into a 64-bit version.  Even if no other changes were made, the support for larger files would be greatly appreciated.

It may seem easy but it would require taking team members off other important projects for quite some time to do the work. This would leave the other projects behind schedule.

I'm not saying a 64bit version of 3DXchange will never come, but for now, we sadly don't have the resources available to do this in the short term.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
Hi Peter , 
just for curiosity , on what features is the team working on ? Because I had the same answer from the support and from the Sales & Marketing
about the possibility to make an update for the particles plugin to import the V1.13 template....Ermm
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
That was my main complaint when the rl hub was released. My biggest problem with it was that rl gave us something that no one really needed instead of making 3dx 64 bit which has been requested since 3dx 6. When i saw that 3dx7 was still 32 bit i decided not to buy it. And to this day i dont regret my decision.
dante1st
dante1st
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
AutoDidact (5/19/2019)
Often times when one sees a major aspect of a modern application still languishing
in a 32 bit  version ,when the main core app has long been 64  bit ,it is due to licensing.

3DXchange , or some parts thereof, may have been leased from a third party 
with restrictions on how the code can be altered & redistributed.

We see the exact same situation with the built-in mimic lipsinc plugin in Daz studio.

This function only exist in the 32 bit version of Daz studio.
( that  nearly no one bothers to install these days)

when pressed for a reason, by animators, Daz finally conceded it was a licensing issue
and has since released a separate  ,paid 64 bit, "Mimic Live" plugin of their own.

The fact that RL is openly hinting that an outright replacement of 3DX
 is under consideration, makes me wonder if they have a simlar licensing problem
preventing  a 64 bit recompile.

At any rate  ,whatever replaces 3DX had better have ALL of the motion retargeting
options for those of us who only use iclone for motionbuilding&exporting 
and have no  real need to import props into Iclone.

I appreciate honest answers like that. Those kinds of behind the scenes answers. We don't need details and secrets, just less excuses and honesty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My iClone short films: https://www.youtube.com/iClone316

Reading This Topic