Profile Picture

I am reading the Content Developer Training, what format do you actually export?

Posted By Data Juggler 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

I am reading the Content Developer Training, what format do you...

Author
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
If this isn't the right forum to ask this, tell me where please. I figure someone in here will at least know more than me.

I created my first prop from scratch (from a stock photo I purchased) that maybe someone else would want (for $1.00). Not that this prop is a work of art, but for one dollar I feel like I have seen worse props for more money in the marketplace, but I am biased about my own creations to a fault.

I have never gone through the submission process, so I am just wondering is there anything I should know, or were there any pitfalls you wish you had known when you started?

Thanks for any advice on what formats I need to export to and things like that. If anyone that has submitted before would be willing to look at the prop I created and advise on 'what I really need to do' I don't mind paying for someone's time (I charge for what I am good at it, programming).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9cb606e0-319f-4ae7-be9d-db6d.png

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi...

Please visit the page below and go through the "How To Start" sections. This should explain everything. The formats you upload in are iClone/CC formats such as iProp, iAvatar etc.

https://developer.reallusion.com/CertifiedContentDeveloper.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Thanks,

Corby

PixelDatabase.Net

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter, You said I am supposed to export an IProp, but when I go to export in IClone I have Export Alembic or Export FBX.

Are there any videos on this other than the page you selected? I learn better watching than reading.

Thanks

PixelDatabase.Net

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Data Juggler (5/15/2019)
Peter, You said I am supposed to export an IProp, but when I go to export in IClone I have Export Alembic or Export FBX.

Are there any videos on this other than the page you selected? I learn better watching than reading.

Thanks

You don't need to export anything. Once you have your prop saved in iClone it will already be in the correct iProp format. The same applies to avatars and so on.

Tip: If you need to find the file, just right-click the thumbnail in iClone and choose "Find File". This will open your Windows File Explorer in the folder where the iProp is saved.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the tip. 

PixelDatabase.Net

Alley
Alley
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week

Data Juggler, have you created a marketplace store yet?  Once you have a store, and have downloaded the Content Uploader, you should be able to upload your iProp to create a sales page.   You will need a thumb 512 x 650 and a main header page 1920 x 1080 plus at least one additional promo at 1920 x 1080.
You can upload a single prop as a "ready for sale" item with your finished promos, or you can upload as Draft and make changes in your backend pages.
Write me at alley@iclonealley.com if you need more help.

Alley

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

No I haven't create a store yet. Now that I know the format is already saved and the tip you just told me about the Content Uploader I now have all the knowledge to fit the pieces together I think.

I will work on this when I get off work. 

Thanks Alley, I may record a video on this process since I didn't find one searching YouTube.

PixelDatabase.Net

Reading This Topic