Texture problems.

Posted By mrbrush 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mrbrush
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi
I'm having a spot of trouble with this Theate that i bought from renderosity. The 2nd picture is the problem.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3f60b8ba-f8d1-4201-9c52-1913.jpg
As you can see, the problem is the walls and balcony. I want to put a texture in the diffuse map of something similar to tthe 1st picture. Maybe even just a dark wood, but because of the lines or mesh, it comes out messed up. You can see on the 2nd picture, the lines on the wall that's preventing it looking good.
The guy i bought it from never supplied the textures and won't reply to anyone on renderosity so its time consuming and a pain getting it to look like the original picture. I've tried adjusting the tiling but nothing seems to work. Is there any way to get rid of the lines so that i can simply apply a texture and it will look like the texture im applying.
Thanks in advance.
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

the textures here are not the biggest problem,
you need to replicate the lighting and emissives
to get your image to match the first  one.

as for your texture problem, one can only guess with the info given

Edited
5 Years Ago by Kipster
mrbrush
mrbrush
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)

Thanks for the help. I decided to go for a stripey wall to lessen the weird wall effect. With clever lighting i think i will get it to work nicely. Thanks.
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

some tileable grunge type maps could help in the bump-metallic slots
that would break up the shadows and highlights so they are not flat
a good place to find some is C:\Reallusion\Template\iClone 7 Template\iClone Template\Texture\Bump

Edited
5 Years Ago by Kipster
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I think you are seeing a combination of the very high geometry of the model and the texture being a magnitude to small.

It looks like there are vertical slats as part of the geometry of the model.

Try tiling the material to "0.1"

Reading This Topic