Character Eye position

Posted By AndyAces 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AndyAces
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi all,

I've noticed that my CC3 character is importing into Unity with their eyes in a unatural position.  This also seems to be the case when I am in Iclone starting an animation until I set look position to camera.  Is there a way to set the CC3 eye position to a central normal rotation without the camera because the animations seem to be saving with the wrong position.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Are you including MotionPlus animations when exporting from CC3? 

There are two types of animations that can be exported. Motion files only include animation data for the body, but MotionPlus data includes facial expressions as well including eye placement.

By default, your CC character's eyes will be looking straight ahead and this should be maintained when exported. However, if you include an animation that changes the eye position, then this will be maintained when you export. If this is not what you want then you will be better just exporting the body animation only (.iMotion, rlMotion) and the eyes should remain in the default position.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AndyAces
AndyAces
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I cant see the reply in full is this thread locked for some reason?  It seems my other topic was removed too.  Could someone please let me know what i'm doing wrong when things get removed etc.... and point me in the direction of where I get support for this product?  My trial is up soon and as newcomer i'm really going to want some support if i'm going to invest heavily (for me) into this eco system.  I hope I don't sound too demanding but i'm a bit confused by this forum although i am no newcomer to forums in general but things seem to get closed without explanation.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
For the forum issues you are having please see my reply to you in the thread below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/412904/Forums-and-posts-keep-going-missing

For critical issues that are preventing your use of the software, please contact Technical Support using the link below. They will be able to help you with urgent technical issues. 

And for non-critical issues, bugs and glitches, please report them in the Feedback Tracker below and they will be looked at by the development team.

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/

And finally, for "How do I" type questions, you can post these on the forum. Please only post once. Duplicate posts will be removed.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic