Profile Picture

Some CC3 Pipeline questions

Posted By darrick.yee 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
darrick.yee
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi, I am looking into CC3 for possibly applying animations for use with UE4.  I currently do most of my work in Maya, with my own custom skeleton and rig.  I am using DAZ G8 character meshes at the moment but am open to using other meshes.  Aside from hand-keyed animation, I also use HumanIK to retarget animations from external sources (Mixamo, UE4 assets) and typically edit them in Maya before sending them to UE4.

I had some questions about CC3:

1. I saw in a video that you can export iClone Motions to FBX from CC3.  Is there a way to preview the motions in CC3?  Is 3DXchange required for this or just CC3 Pipeline?

2. When you import a DAZ character into CC3.  Is it actually importing the DAZ mesh and skeleton, or is it taking the CC3 mesh/skeleton and shaping it to the imported DAZ character?

3. When will joint-controlled morphs/corrective blendshapes be added to the CC3 characters?

Thanks for any help.
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
darrick.yee (5/9/2019)
Hi, I am looking into CC3 for possibly applying animations for use with UE4.  I currently do most of my work in Maya, with my own custom skeleton and rig.  I am using DAZ G8 character meshes at the moment but am open to using other meshes.  Aside from hand-keyed animation, I also use HumanIK to retarget animations from external sources (Mixamo, UE4 assets) and typically edit them in Maya before sending them to UE4.

I had some questions about CC3:

1. I saw in a video that you can export iClone Motions to FBX from CC3.  Is there a way to preview the motions in CC3?  Is 3DXchange required for this or just CC3 Pipeline?

2. When you import a DAZ character into CC3.  Is it actually importing the DAZ mesh and skeleton, or is it taking the CC3 mesh/skeleton and shaping it to the imported DAZ character?

3. When will joint-controlled morphs/corrective blendshapes be added to the CC3 characters?

Thanks for any help.

1 - yeah you have to use 3dxchange or iclone, CC3 don't support animations.
2 - second option, it only make the CC3 take the shape of daz character as much it can (remember cc3 mesh have less polygons than daz mesh then it not gonna be perfect, it is more to be able to export/use daz cloths in CC3
3 - if i'm not wrong it is on they road map to have corrective bones joints but for what it's look's,it gonna only work with CC3 not outside it, maybe inside iclone but not sure.
darrick.yee
darrick.yee
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)Junior Member (141 reputation)

Ok thanks!

When you say the corrective morphs will only work inside CC3, does that mean they can't be exported with FBX?  (What would the point of them be if that's the case...?)
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

darrick.yee (5/10/2019)
Ok thanks!

When you say the corrective morphs will only work inside CC3, does that mean they can't be exported with FBX?  (What would the point of them be if that's the case...?)

to render inside cc3 which is another use you can make, i'm not too sure i'm say that because as far i can tell, cc3( or lower) don't support morph target exporting, maybe after you making a "pose" you can export that pose with the corrections to unreal but when you try to animate that character that "corrections not gonna appear" or something like that.

That part i'm not too sure, only a dev support can proper answer, but i'm like 80%+ sure it can't be exported based on what i learned here with cc3.

Again CC3 still on a very earlly stage where you can expectate only basic things proper working when exporting to engine like unreal, currently it will work almost as the same as if you used Fuse CC or something like that when comes to export and animate characters, then don't expectate too much at last unteil the 2019 road map is finished.
darrick.yee
darrick.yee
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks, hopefully a dev can chime in and confirm...I don't currently have problems importing/exporting corrective morphs and hooking them up to be driven by joints in Maya or Unreal, just need to actually have the morphs to begin with.  So once Reallusion develops the morphs, exporting from CC3 would be obviously important
Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

darrick.yee (5/13/2019)
Thanks, hopefully a dev can chime in and confirm...I don't currently have problems importing/exporting corrective morphs and hooking them up to be driven by joints in Maya or Unreal, just need to actually have the morphs to begin with.  So once Reallusion develops the morphs, exporting from CC3 would be obviously important

to be fair for what i found looking for export target morphs and corrective joints, i ended find out which while in theory you can export the corrective morphs, it have a big chance of not work in unreal.

i will take the DAZ target morph as exemple because it was him i used to google i don't know if CC3 use the same mechanic but going from DAZ, it use dual quartenion (don't ask me what it is i really don't know deep but in basic it is a way to try to improve mesh bend and distortions) while UNREAL don't support it anymore it used to support in the past but not now, currently it only support single bend, then it means which you can't get the same perfect animation in unreal as you can get in daz, because any deform which need that system or morphs not gonna work.

basically if CC3 use the same system then it can't be exported to unreal unless as i heard you can trasnform it in a blend shape to be able to fix it but remember it gonna only work for the animation you did the blend shape, is a little complicated if you really don't know how to do that things.

the good news is which you have a "mod" for unreal which for what i read is this one:
https://github.com/AlienRenders/UnrealEngine/tree/4.21 (you need to log in github to be able to proper open the link)
you need to compile your unreal with it to make a moded unreal which will allow to use that system then with that you can proper export that corrective bones but you can only work with it on that  "modded version".

As i told if CC3 use the same system then probably even if they allow morph target to be exported this part could not work, if is a diferent system then you need to test for yourself to see if it will work on unreal or a DEV team come and say which it works(if they tested it).

Reading This Topic