Profile Picture

Exporting face bones animations or at least the bones to animate them to unity3d

Posted By Arcanebits 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Exporting face bones animations or at least the bones to animate them...

Author
Arcanebits
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)Senior Member (345 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Hi, I’m an independent game developer, I own the Pipeline versionsof Cartoon Animator 4, Character creator 3, and crazy talk 8. I do use Unity3d.I looked a CT7 plugin for unity and was really amazed by it. Now I realizedReallusion dropped this and is nor available anymore.

Now, my question is, If I make a character head, export itto ChGenerador and then to Unity (since NO HEAD alone can be exported to fbx withouta body) How can I animate its face? Does that export of full body comes withrigbones?

For me its been a heavy investment to acquire this SW, Ineed to find a workaround.

Any help is Welcome.

PS. As I understand Reallusion is killing of 3DExchange andalso As Character Creator can export it, I don’t plan to get that.

A3

Ellessarr
Ellessarr
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Arcanebits (5/9/2019)

Hi, I’m an independent game developer, I own the Pipeline versionsof Cartoon Animator 4, Character creator 3, and crazy talk 8. I do use Unity3d.I looked a CT7 plugin for unity and was really amazed by it. Now I realizedReallusion dropped this and is nor available anymore.

Now, my question is, If I make a character head, export itto ChGenerador and then to Unity (since NO HEAD alone can be exported to fbx withouta body) How can I animate its face? Does that export of full body comes withrigbones?

For me its been a heavy investment to acquire this SW, Ineed to find a workaround.

Any help is Welcome.

PS. As I understand Reallusion is killing of 3DExchange andalso As Character Creator can export it, I don’t plan to get that.

A3

hmm is a little hard to understand what you are talking remember to put "space between words, too much words mixed without any space.

as far i can tell they are not trying to kill 3dxchange, i would love to it be true but not for now, the only program so far which don't need it is the CC3 anything else does need it to work, even if you export a character from CC3 to iclone you gonna need it, you only don't need it, if you only using CC3 standalone, any other program from realillusion gonna need it.

for what i remember to be able to export "bones" for face it's using iclone, CC3 alone use blend shape instead of bones,that is why you still get some face contols, because the engines does support blend shape export, but to have a proper face animation you gonna still need face bones which can't be exported with CC3 alone(if i'm wrong someone can correct me).

Reading This Topic