any way to reconnect clips?

Posted By johnwarndt52 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnwarndt52
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
If you're creating a clip using Edit Motion Layer and  you turn off Auto Extend at some point along the timeline because one of your character's body part starts going in a radically different direction and you don't want that blended in with the motion that came before it, and turn it back on one frame later so you can continue a smooth motion is there ANY way you can merge the two separate clips in case you want to flatten them and do some fine-tuned editing later? Or turn that Auto Extend on and off at various points within a clip without breaking it? Or are you just out of luck? I tried following the tutorial linked below and had no luck whatsoever when I attempted to add Reset points in two adjacent, flattened clips on the timeline. If I try to move one or another, it stops dead at the end point of that particular clip. Am I making sense? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I pretend to be smart but I'm actually a slow learner due to severe lead poisoning I suffered more than 60 years ago. I'm not quite literally (but almost) beating my brains out over this.
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I think you should be able to collect everything into one clip with the collect bar:
https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/help/iclone3/09_Animation_Timeline_Editing/Collect_Clip_Track.htm

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi The-any-Key,
I should have said that followed those instructions before I even posted my question, and every time I import the motion back, my figure inexplicably spins around 90 degrees, screwing it up far beyond the subtle hand movements I wanted to improve on. When  I try to rotate the figure back around, it's position is altered by half a body length. Is there any way a figure's exact x,y,z location and inclination (rotation) can be recorded and replicated? Or maybe I imported the motion to the wrong place. I'm mystified.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Ctrl-click all the motions so they are green.
Right-click on one and select "Merge Clips".

You may want to move them together before merging, so you don't have long empty spaces.
Hookflash
Hookflash
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Note that Merge Clips is currently bugged (in certain situations), and has been since at least January.
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Merge-Clips-doesn-t-work-properly
johnwarndt52
johnwarndt52
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa, thank you. I knew there had to be some simple way of doing that!

Reading This Topic