Configuring Online (Offline) MANUAL

Posted By sonic7 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Greetings .......
Would anyone know how to get Popcorn's (downloaded) "Online" manual to work when selected inside of iClone (via the Popcorn plugin 'tab').
I have the downloaded 'Manual' - ie: " iClone_7.2_PopcornFX_Online_Manual ", but when you're offline - how do you get it to open via the Popcorn plugin tab? PS - I've don't have "Microsoft Edge" - (I 'normally' use Google Chrome portable).

Any ideas? - ...... The 'solution' would also work also for ● the Iray plugin and ● the Curve Editor plugin (I guess) .....

Thanks ..... Smile

Edit: "plugin" > "Popcorn" > "Online Manual" evokes the following: (this being of-course an attempt at using the browser for viewing the Popcorn Manual.
It appears that PopcornFX is insistant on utilizing IE.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3cda128e-d899-48fd-a99c-9c82.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 55 minutes ago
EDIT: OK, so I reread your post and now I don't quite understand...Unsure You have downloaded the manual somehow and want it to appear when you select the link for the online manual. I don't see why that would work... 

Irrelevant earlier comments:

I did some testing and the manual comes up in Chrome (after I changed it to be the default browser). iClone would simply use whatever the default browser is. 

The link to the manual translates to http://manual.reallusion.com/PopcornFX_Plug_in_for_iClone/ENU/Default.htm. Can you access that?

The only thing I can think of is that there is a firewall issue preventing iClone from accessing the internet, but that would then be the case for anything. I assume you can access the regular iClone online manual?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by animagic
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Hi Job ..... sorry for the confusion:
● Yes, I can access the *online* manual that you mentioned.
● But for *offline* purposes I have a download version (a folder called " iClone_7.2_PopcornFX_Online_Manual ") - it's a "self contained" version with internal structure (see pic). Clicking on either "Default.htm" or "Default_CHS.htm" will evoke the user manual into life complete with a working menu, dynamic page links & animated gif imagery.
● Ideally I'm wanting this offline version to be *evoked* when clicking on Popcorn's 'Online Manual' tab from within iClone - that's all.
 It 'sort of' works - *if* Internet Explorer (the 'default' browser called upon), happens to have a 'stored instance' of the Manual that's recently been opened (and not closed down)...

I *could* also open it up totally manually of course. I have another (non Reallusion) program that will point to an offline version of it's manual, though I think it's a 'PDF' version. (It just uses Chrome as the PDF 'reader'). Anyway, - It's just a 'convenience' thing, so no big deal ......

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/828c1864-d774-4530-b093-aa29.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
videodv
videodv
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Hi
I have a simular issue trying to get any online link from within Iclone I have put a ticket in and RL can reproduce the issue and will sort it in an update soon.

Chris.
Edited
5 Years Ago by videodv
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@videodv  - sorry to hear you're having that problem - strangely enough I've no issue regarding 'online' versions being invoked from within iClone.
●iClone's Online Help F1 ●Curve Editor ●PopcornFX ●Iray - all OK using iClone ver 7.41.2525.1 - so your issue must be unique to the 'Developer Version'.

videodv
videodv
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

sonic7 (5/7/2019)

@videodv  - sorry to hear you're having that problem - strangely enough I've no issue regarding 'online' versions being invoked from within iClone.
●iClone's Online Help F1 ●Curve Editor ●PopcornFX ●Iray - all OK using iClone ver 7.41.2525.1 - so your issue must be unique to the 'Developer Version'.

Hi sonic7
Yes I think so,  as I say I have been intouch with RL and they can reproduce the problem and are going to sort it soon (hopefully)
Chris.

Reading This Topic