Profile Picture

Motions from iClone (and G2) for G3 characters

Posted By Unprofessional 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Unprofessional
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi!

There is one feature that would make lots of people happy: if they could use all those motions from iClone and G2 motion libraries for their G3 characters.

I realize those characters are not exactly compatible. But since there are standard human rigs for 3D motions and for G3 characters, it is theoretically possible to convert 3D motions from iClone to use with G3 humanoid characters.

Well, we could just create G2 characters and use all those motions to animate. Well, we could, but creating G3 characters is much faster (especially with pipe version) and they look better. Also, im most cases we don't really need to create 10 angles, front and side are just fine and creating G3 characters is fast and easy, as we don't have to replace each sprite one by one ten times.

So, I'd like to play with my G3 characters, but with all those cool motions I have from iClone. Any chance for that?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Sadly the current G3 / G3 360 characters do not have sufficient angles to make this a viable option. 

However, the team are constantly looking at ways to implement easier to create multi-angle characters so never say never. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Unprofessional
Unprofessional
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Well, I will not lose hope.

But I'm wondering if another thing would be possible: to convert 3D a motion from iClone to a flat 2D motion for G3 360 character. If I'm not mistaken, the key thing here is to transfer sets of 3 coordinates into set of 2: (X,Y,Z) => (X,Z). And then to match bones from one type of motion to another.

I mean lots of motions are more of less flat. Of course they would not be perfect after such conversion, but they might be good enough. It would be really, really great if it worked!

Reading This Topic