Profile Picture

Character Creator Exports a zombie with no eyes!

Posted By Data Juggler 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I said I would not bother anyone in the IClone forum the rest of the day, but my great idea script got shot down by an export problem.

I have this character in Character Creator 3.04.1422, and the character looks like what I want.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fb851c73-e6e6-4078-a170-9b7b.png

This character looks like anyone too young to wear a suit, which is 79 these days.

I had this great idea for my intro to get interrupted by the assistant Dean that they need my classroom because nobody signed up for my class.

"I" (my alter ego character Codey) explains there are millions of people watching on the internet.

Dean: 'You have 35 subscribers on YouTube'.

Codey: 'I have 36 subscribers.'

Dean: 'You have 35. I unsubscribed this morning.'

Codey: 'Well Joe Rogan has millions of people watching his videos, and can Joe Rogan do this?' (Codey does a free standing double forward flip in slow motion', and lands like a cat jumping off of a pillow.

Dean - 'That's because Joe Rogan is interesting and funny, and he knows a lot of other people that are interesting and funny. You still think 8 tracks were the best audio format. We are going to need this room in five minutes. Thanks' (with the same attitude of the guy from Office Space that says 'That would be great').

Codey - 'Well I know Joe Rogan can do this?' And Codey kicks the assistant dean in the shins, followed by a wrestling style body slam that sends him crashing into the concrete floor where you hear his back break'.

Then you hear 'Codey. Codey? Are you listening to me? I need you to clear out your desk' (Codey was dreaming the previous body slam).

At that point the Dean exits stage right and the projector comes down and starts playing the tutorial video(s) I am making the intro for.

All this was spoiled when I exported my character to IClone. Not only does the attire not match Character Creator, the character does not even have eyes!

I haven't tried using Version 2.3 CC yet, but I may as I have tried several things and nothing makes him look like CC 3.

Does anyone have any idea what I should try before I convert my first action scene to a dialogue with a projector opening behind him and the camera zooming in?

Thanks

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbc19b69-11a5-4bdc-8a76-7201.png

Thanks

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Edited
5 Years Ago by Data Juggler
Am7add9
Am7add9
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
your metallic and roughness
 slots need adjustment via the color adjust or better yet non solid maps
which is essential to iclone 7 PBR system and why most videos here look flat

you can get the suit and eyes looking ok with just adjusting,
but light shouldnt act the same across all surfaces in 2019
PBR

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

I could adjust almost anything, but the fact the eyes did not decide to export with the character is kind of a deal killer.

I am not as concerned as what year it is as you seem to be, but eyes going from having eyes to not having eyes should be pretty timeless.

I do feel like it is the future now though. I remember writing dates in school in the 70's thinking what life would be like by now. 

Reality is so disappointing. 

PixelDatabase.Net

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

This eye problem is almost always an issue with the opacity of the... sigh -- Iris?  Cornea?  I just woke up and it's WAY too early for me to get my own eyes open right now.  But it's one of those.  (Or scelera).  Go into those and adjust the opacity one at a time until you find which one (and if you can't post again and I'm sure I'll be more awake and let you know which).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I just exported another character and it seemed to work. 

I think I had done something like tried one of the IRay eyes for some reason. I know I have not invested the time to learn IRay enough I guess, but I did try and render one image for 3,000 iterations while I was in the shower just to see what it looked like.

The image looked like a picture that didn't get exposed long enough and it was just awful. This was before I fixed (improved) my lighting issue as you suggested, but it seems IRay was more hype than implementation (so far). 

Animating has changed the way I see the world (a video I plan on making actually). I now notice reflections of my dog when I am in an elevator and my dog renders in the reflection of the wood paneling. I know it was always there, but now I pay attention to almost every room I walk in and think how it would look as a 3D scene.

PixelDatabase.Net

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Yep, you've reached what I like to call "3D consciousness".  Everything you see you will think in your mind "how would I do this in iClone?".  

It will wear off and eventually you'll go back to normal (and can then turn it on and off as you wish).  But for a while it's a bit disconcerting.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic