CC3 3.04 SYSTEMATIC CRASH AT STARTUP?

Posted By Bigboss 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Bigboss
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Wow, its been a few weeks since I used my CC3 and now, it cannot start. Seems a Graphics card issue (ADM 8GB) but I am not sure? Anybody having problems stating CC3 3.04 ? I tried re-installing 3.0 but it has the same issue. (: 

Main viewport seems to come up for a few seconds but splash screen never comes up and the application crashes...

Everything is up to date, graphic card driver, windows, RL apps etc... 

iClone and 3DXchange work fine...

That sucks... (: I posted a BUG in RL support but this is really bad..)  

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by Bigboss
mark
mark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
That's a drag! No problem with 3.04 here with my older NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti. Seems at first blush a graphics issue...Ermm

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Bigboss (5/4/2019)
Wow, its been a few weeks since I used my CC3 and now, it cannot start. Seems a Graphics card issue (ADM 8GB) but I am not sure? Anybody having problems stating CC3 3.04 ? I tried re-installing 3.0 but it has the same issue. (: 

Main viewport seems to come up for a few seconds but splash screen never comes up and the application crashes...

Everything is up to date, graphic card driver, windows, RL apps etc... 

iClone and 3DXchange work fine...

That sucks... (: I posted a BUG in RL support but this is really bad..)  

If I recall I had the same and another member posted similar crash on start with CC3 3.04.
What I had not done or the other member was update both as there are 2 updates.  1 for the main CC and 1 for CC pipeline.
This thread https://forum.reallusion.com/406617/CC3-Pipeline-not-working-since-upgrade#bm406618
Hope this helps in some way.

Duchess Designs Store 

Edited
5 Years Ago by duchess110
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

@Duchess & Mark,, Thanks. 

Unfortunately, I have already upgraded to all the latest RL versions... I run the latest CC3 3.04 Pipeline version (:... And the latest graphics card driver...
Also uninstalled and re-installed using the HUB but same issue. What is really odd is that I even tried installing the previous version which used to work and it also has the issue. I fear it may be some incompatibility with the latest Windows 10 update.. (:

Edited
5 Years Ago by Bigboss
wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Bigboss (5/4/2019)
@Duchess & Mark,, Thanks. 

Unfortunately, I have already upgraded to all the latest RL versions... I run the latest CC3 3.04 Pipeline version (:... And the latest graphics card driver...
Also uninstalled and re-installed using the HUB but same issue. What is really odd is that I even tried installing the previous version which used to work and it also has the issue. I fear it may be some incompatibility with the latest Windows 10 update.. (:

I'm running the latest Win 10 Pro version - 1809, OS build 17763.437, and haven't noticed any issues opening any software on my system. Have you tried using an older GPU driver?

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hum, reverting to an older GPU driver is an idea but a bit risky for me. If I have time today, I will do a temporary second setup on my other Computer which uses a different graphics card all together but this will slow down my pipeline .... In any case, I figure RL will respond to the ticket soon.

I also use a dual 4K / 2K monitor setup which I wonder if it could be related to the issue but it all worked before ... 

I had the exact same problem with Marvelous designer and it was fixed by disabling the  "Use VBO" option in the application but I see no such option for CC3 and more so, I cannot access the application anyway as it crashes before I can do anything. It does feel like the same incompatibility problem with the graphics card. Duh!

I run the Radeon RX 580 series with 8GB Graphics Ram.

Thanks.

Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

After thinking about it a bit, my guess is that this problem occurred after I upgraded my Video Card. My guess is that after the upgrade, my PC footprint changed enough to invalidate the original license (yeah that sucks big time).

It is a bit crazy that I am stuck waiting for RL to respond to my ticket as I tried just about everything to reactivate my license without success.
The morale of this story, if you are upgrading your PC, plan for several days of downtime just to get the license back on track.   I wasted my weekend on this and it impacted all my projects.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Bigboss (5/5/2019)

It is a bit crazy that I am stuck waiting for RL to respond to my ticket as I tried just about everything to reactivate my license without success.
The morale of this story, if you are upgrading your PC, plan for several days of downtime just to get the license back on track.   I wasted my weekend on this and it impacted all my projects.

Hi BB

You can deactivate the licenses yourself. You don't need Support to do it for you.

Please follow the steps below to deactivate a license from an old computer.

1. Login to your Member Account.
2. Switch to the Registration page.
3. Check the "Activated Number" column. If your products show 2 then you need to deactivate.
4. Click the "Details" link in the Activated Number column.
5. Scroll down to see the computers currently activated for that product.
6. Select the computer(s) you wish to deactivate and then click the "Deactivate Now" link to remove a computer.

I hope this helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Peter, I am aware of this procedure and have done a complete re-install and re-register process.

The problem remains and what I see when I start the application now points more to a graphic card driver incompatibility...Meaning the screen is off center, with doubling and eventually crash without me touching anything.

Here is the config in case others have the same issue.: 

Note: All other applications including iClone run fine.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c43e3b3b-3eac-451a-b34a-56d8.jpg

Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Quick Update...
I worked with RL Support, activated large traces and just sent a 3.4 GB Dump file for analysis Smile 
I hope we will get to the bottom of this Smile  … I miss my CC3 badly  (:

Edited
5 Years Ago by Bigboss

Reading This Topic