You never know do you?

Posted By Peter Blood 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter Blood
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi guys: Smile

Well, an interesting thing happened to me this morning.
Yesterday I was posting a comment on a YT video when my comment got a reply from a man whose ID was "*******the artist".
Well, of course I had to check him out and he certainly WAS an artist. So I apologized for stalking his YT channel, identified myself as a fellow artist,
and complemented him on his work. I liked, subbed, and rang the bell and then invited him to view my work if he so desired. 

He did and complimented me on my work as well. He then said this. 

"I want you to do my final mix of the multiple film and video compilation and I will pay you. I'm a poor artist but have over half a million fans worldwide and over 200K followers on Twitter.
I'm working on gathering multiple clips and still images I want married together in an artist presentation of my work lasting 10-15 minutes in length. I'll send you all of the pieces and provide the narrative tracks and music for you to marry together in a finished piece. Like an introduction of my work as an artist.You are worth more than I can afford, but can pay a few thousand if you will do it. If it's done really well, and I expect it will be, then I will make a lot of money and you will make a larger amount next time around.

I wrote him back and said I was interested and since his deadline was a reasonable way out, I said we could make some test runs and see if my skill set matches his needs.
If everything looks good we'll move forward but, if not, no harm no foul and I met a nice man and accomplished artist. We'll see how it plays out. It sounds more like an editing
job than an animation one so why not? Either way, it was as round about a way to get an offer as I've ever had.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter Blood
Walt_R
Walt_R
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Pete,

That's fantastic! Great for you and well deserved. BigGrin Keep us informed of the progress. It all sounds very exciting!

Walt
charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
That's a good new Pete. Good luckSmile

Reading This Topic