Webcam Image Intermittent Blue Guide

Posted By rogdodge 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rogdodge
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I have two problems.
1. I can see my image on the webcam and I am connected but the blue outline guide is unstable, flickering on and off so I am unable to set Zero Pose.
2. This is made more difficult because the webcam picture does not remain on top and disappears behind the CA4 workspace as soon as I press the space key.
How can I resolve the flickering guide and how can I keep the webcam image on top of the workspace?
Regards,
rog
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Hi Rog

Do make sure that your face is evenly lit and you are not sitting in a shadow or in poor lighting. You will also get the best results if the webcam is facing directly at you and not at an angle.

If you want to keep the Face3D Tracker visible just take CTA4 out of full screen and then resize the Windows so you have both onscreen. You can see an example of this below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f011cd9c-a51a-4260-90f4-3bfb.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rogdodge
rogdodge
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)Veteran Member (749 reputation)

Thank you, Peter. I will try this.
Roger
rogdodge
rogdodge
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I have a problem with lighting because I am seated with a window to my left. This means the right side of my face is always in shadow.  It is slightly better at night because I can adjust my ceiling spots, but not brilliant. The problem is far from acceptable during the daytime.

But I have sorted it out. I bought a LED rechargeable lamp (for use on a music stand) and I have attached it to a shelf behind my monitor. I have the choice of clipping it onto the monitor itself if I wish. It is USB rechargeable and I can dim or increase the light. Now the guide frame displays OK although, as I wear glasses, I get a wonky eye every now and then as it sometime picks up a reflection in the glass and I get a wink! ;-)

Reading This Topic