cc3 character is too big for outfit

Posted By Kimmie777 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
It's the one he just put out in the marketplace a couple of weeks ago.  You can't miss it if you search for his content by the newest items.  It is a Bible Times robe and coat (all connected) with variances to add, such as different styles of sleeves and belt or no belt. 
(And he is in the process of making more Bible Times items for this film production! :-)  YAY!!!! )
You are such a blessing, Rampa.  Thank you soooo much!!!
~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

--> More Information On This Bible Film Production Can Be Found At: 
www.TrackingJESUS.net/Productions 

--> Become An Early Subscriber To The 'Tracking JESUS' YouTube Channel At: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMx91AySc3QuF-SS_3mGQQ

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 16 minutes ago
I'll check it out. Give me a few pointers as to what you need to do with it.
Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

I need for it to be looser around his ribs and all that. 
It is too form-fitting when I put the outfit on (which is the only male CC 3 character that I have). 
It is also too tight in the center of his chest and it splits open in the center on the lower part of the robe. 
I guess I just need for the Bible Times outfits to look loose and comfortable, Rampa. 
Sometimes a little bit of form fitting will add some good variations to our Bible characters.  
Some may wear them a bit fitted around their chests; some will wear them looser than normal. 
So I need to learn how to make all of that happen. :-) 
The way it comes out on mine, it is way too form fitted around his mid section. 
I know Delerna designed these for CC 3 and the robe / coat combo fit on his CC 3 character great.  But for some reason, it does not like my guy. :-D

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yay, finally got my new computer yesterday and now I can't believe how much better iClone and CC is working for me. Loads quick and it shows contents really quick now. My old computer was high level too but I setup the drives in raid mode and this one isn't. I wonder it that caused slowness? Anyway I will get to the point on this post now.

At least as far as I am aware, how well clothes will attach to different characters depends a lot on how much the clothes follow the shape of the characters body.
For example the inner sleeve on this outfit was made to the same shape of the characters arm.
However the character I made it on is thinner than the base male character so loading it to that character ends up like this. It follows the arms shape well but is penetrating the arm because the arm is thicker.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/917563b2-3c46-4639-a248-f2bf.png
 The easy way to fix that is to go into conform mode and conform it so it fits...really easy and here is how
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/071bf2a9-363d-4fd5-bad2-a591.png

If its still not how you want you can go into edit mode and make it bigger or smaller. Again, really easy doing it like this.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/755daf86-e99e-4c2e-82f7-66d5.png

These are all pretty easy because the clothes pretty much follow the characters body so when you load it onto a different shaped character it still follows the characters shape pretty well and still looks fine. Might need to make some slight changes but nothing too difficult.

Now onto the problem your having. Here the outfits do not fully follow the shape of the characters body. For example the outer part of the cloth just flows straight down from the characters chest and doesn't follow the shape of the character much. Unfortunately what happens is when you load it onto a character with a big difference in shape CC makes the cloths totally follow the characters shape and that is why your getting what you have. If you look at the characters body you will see the shape of the clothing is following that now. CC gives everyone the ability to go into edit mode and adjust that and I find it pretty easy to do that
Here is an image showing one of the main things I use and also showing how I got it adjusted within 30 minutes. There are plenty of other methods and reallusion has video tutorials showing those capabilities so not including them here
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/64735d9a-4a01-484e-bff6-4f1d.png

And here it is finished
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fa5cd719-8fb4-4382-b978-0565.png

The thing is, if I save this I can reload it onto this particular character and it will fit just like this. But if I load it onto a fat character then or a lady then there are going to be some things that need adjusting again.
I find these adjustments pretty easy to do....a little confusing having too but not too difficult. But I am starting to think maybe I find it easy because I am into modelling.
So I am going to set these outfits up now for thin, base and fat males and females and I will add them to my store prop for this outfit and let everyone who has bought it know that they can redownload it to get the extra sizes that will make it easier for people to add then to different shape characters. They may still be some smaller adjustments that need to be done but this should make it easier for people who find it difficult.....I hope.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Kimmie777
Kimmie777
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You made the outfit so incredibly 'sturdy' from any penetration issues, not even Rampa could adjust it well enough to look normal.  If memory serves, he was able to loosen the coat up, but the robe still stuck to the ribs. 
You do wonderful work, Delerna!  You put such great care into what you do!  And I believe you were right when you told me that what you did to the outfit to prevent penetration issues is also why we were not able to make the needed adjustments in going from a female character that it was modeled on to a male character. 
I am really looking forward to these. :-)   Thank you! 
~ Kimmie

www.TrackingJESUS.net 

Reading This Topic