Cartoon Animator - Notification for CTA 4.0 and Motion LIVE 1.0

Posted By Ola(RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Cartoon Animator - Notification for CTA 4.0 and Motion LIVE 1.0

Author
Nosycat
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)Junior Member (240 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I can understand people complaining about the price. But there is so much work going in to creating a software and people to be payed. 
The price is a bit high for normal users but corporate users pretty cheap, at the end of he day, RI just make money off the software once, so they have to try and make a profit, maybe they should offer the software like Adobe does for a monthly price. 
We can't deny this forum is really helpful too!! 
I appreciate the hard work and their product Smile, hope everyone finds great satisfaction with their work and forget the price, Tumba and Puff made me laugh so hard, I can't wait to buy the full version!! I will be using it to make fun of my boss and colleagues SmileSmileSmile

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Nosycat (5/15/2019)
... maybe they should offer the software like Adobe does for a monthly price. 

I certainly HOPE NOT!!!!  w00t

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 13 hours ago
sjonesdc (5/16/2019)
Nosycat (5/15/2019)
... maybe they should offer the software like Adobe does for a monthly price. 

I certainly HOPE NOT!!!!  w00t

I'm with you there.

Adobe now threatens to sue people who use older versions of some of their software: https://www.creativebloq.com/news/old-adobe-apps.

It's a diabolical enterprise. Just greed and lawyers...Crazy

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I saw that and nearly exploded. I’ve got CS6 versions of a fair amount of software. I loathe the subscription model!!!

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I would happily pay a subscription fee for CTA if it means solid tech support, quick bug fixes, and quick access to the latest features as they are made available. I don't want to wait 2 years for X functionality. if it can be done in 3 months and added as part of my subscription, I'm happy to keep paying.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
parisgranville
parisgranville
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (640 reputation)Veteran Member (640 reputation)Veteran Member (640 reputation)Veteran Member (640 reputation)Veteran Member (640 reputation)Veteran Member (640 reputation)Veteran Member (640 reputation)Veteran Member (640 reputation)Veteran Member (640 reputation)

I'm confused about the upgrade price. Rather than an upgrade price, it appears to be an introductory discount for everyone. Am is missing something?
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Ibis Fernandez (5/17/2019)
I would happily pay a subscription fee for CTA if it means solid tech support, quick bug fixes, and quick access to the latest features as they are made available. I don't want to wait 2 years for X functionality. if it can be done in 3 months and added as part of my subscription, I'm happy to keep paying.

This may be a good model for professionals, semi-professionals and die hard hobbyists, but not for some of us who are not at these levels.  Don't get me wrong, I had to go with the subscription model with Adobe, because I use several of their products for work and needed to keep up with any changes and new functionalities.  If/when the situation arises when CTA or iClone are needed as part of my workflow on the job, then I would go to the subscription model. 

Maybe Reallusion could offer 2 models: 

1. The Subscription model - pay a monthly fee (all fixes, updates and upgrades are available immediately)

2, The Single Purchase model - pay a single price, the same as now (the "fixes" would be available to immediately), but one would pay to upgrade ( the same as now)

Just a thought!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Edited
5 Years Ago by sjonesdc
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Happy be  I need not subcription Aplicationools and I'm missing nothing .
Also I have Maya LT  canceled  since autodesk has twice debited and so much trouble to get my mony back , 
Anyway, Maya  with CC3  become obsolete
At the end you pay for software over and over ,although that you have than  hobbyist  not many time to use it,
I think also subscription is nice fo companys but not for a normal User.
Animator 4 has such a fair price, what do you think how much would be such monthly fee?
I hope RL jump not in this subscription Model.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
5 Years Ago by vidi
acupo
acupo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)

dvnmedia (5/3/2019)
Yes I feel a bit cheated because I bought the version 3 Pipeline at the beginning of the year which included version 4 upon release, I expected it to include Mocap as there was no indication it was going to be an extra payment, I now find I have to pay extra for something that was included in version 3. Had I realized this was going to be the case I would have waited and bought CA4 with the Mocap for the same price I paid for CTA3, Now I have to pay an extra $99 for a free upgrade if I want Mocap. Dividing features up into plugins is a underhanded way of increasing the price for loyal customer, Not good!

Agreed, I am CTA2 user and was excited to receive CA4, Specifically to use the mocap feature. Tacking on a plugin that used to be included is wrong, IMO.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
parisgranville (5/17/2019)
I'm confused about the upgrade price. Rather than an upgrade price, it appears to be an introductory discount for everyone. Am is missing something?

The prices are not the same for everyone. Brand new customers purchasing CTA4 will pay more than existing customers.

For example, a new customer purchasing Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline will pay $199, existing customers pay $149. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic