Daz Environments to iClone

Posted By Kelleytoons 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 51 minutes ago
Okay, kids, here's the release version of my Python plug-in to gather the textures needed for Daz environments/props that are brought in through XChange.  As always, let me know anything that doesn't work and I'll see what I can do about it (not always anything, but it's always worth a try).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I don't know what I'm doing wrong this time, but I can't get even ONE texture transferred from Daz To iClone, except for the diffuse . Whereas the old script used to work for some scenes, the new "LMiCloney" script doesn't work at all for ANY textures of ANY scene..

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9613e635-97aa-42d0-a901-adc5.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0713c660-ec32-40bb-8adb-e35a.png

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

I think it worked fine, other than not matching those emissives (which I'll fix).  When I run it myself on this and check the other textures they have all the normal, roughness and metallic maps.  Were you expecting something else? (Look at cables_shaft, for example -- as I said, they are all loaded in properly).

The emissives aren't captured because they use the word "emissive" for glow maps.  I will add that but that WILL happen and as I said in the video all you have to do is give me a screen (like you've done) and I'll see what I can about maps that aren't collected.  The far bigger problem is there are also some alpha maps for screens that are designated in such a fashion I'll never be able to account for them (like advert_screen_alpha_bkg.jpg).  There are only a couple of those, and apparently aren't *needed* (they only show up under certain configurations) and they may even come across normally (sometimes - most of the time - alpha maps ARE loaded through the OBJ.  They are diffuse are usually the only two types that do come across).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly, but I definitely had a problem. And the problem was that I was using the normal version of iClone 7.41, not the developer's "Python _API_073' version . Now that I'm using the developer's version, all the maps are transferred: bump map, roughness map and metallic map. It was an oversight of mine.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/64419a72-a593-488b-8639-1bdb.png

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh -- wow, I didn't even know that Python *ran* in the normal version.  Yipes -- that's something I need to be aware of, so thanks!

Just to be clear -- you're saying you can actually load up a Python file in the regular old 7.41, right?  If so, that's *really* bad (I need to have a talk with a particular RL folks I know :>Wink

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes, Python runs well in iClone 7.41, except for your script. The is the hand controller for example.

Your script, unfortunately, gives poor results in regular iClone 7.41.

Edited
5 Years Ago by argus1000
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
argus1000 suggest you amend your screen captures and take off your serial number just to be on the safe side.

Duchess Designs Store 

The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
The developer version of iClone got the latest Python API. So it can set textures. The old API in the stable iClone don't have these features and will not run properly. 

The sample projects however was built with the first API version and works well in the stable iClone. But if you try out the smooth camera plugin you will notice it will only work properly in the developer version of iClone.

But as time moves forward we will get the current developer Python API in the stable version of iClone. But by then the developer version will probably have an even more powerful version.

This is standard issue when dealing with developer IDEs.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Edited
5 Years Ago by The-any-Key
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I understand -- but I just wasn't aware they had released ANY version of "standard" iClone with Python yet.  Didn't see that announcement (sorry, must have been sleeping).  If I knew this I would have prefaced all my video tutorials with this info.

But I'm glad I know now and I *will* make sure that any scripts I release to the public have marked what version is required.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic