Profile Picture

Daz Environments to iClone

Posted By Kelleytoons 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Stolpi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The main issue is probably that I'm just about to learn the iClone basics. I hardly used it before.
4u2ges's method is nevertheless crucial for my projects and the reason why I'm using iClone again.

Btw get well soon, Mike!
Edited
5 Years Ago by Stolpi
Stolpi
Stolpi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)

It seems so that I still don't get what you are talking about. I just looked up what the expression editor exactly is and I see now that I'm already using it all the time WITH expression morphs.
adding facial animation
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
That's not where we're talking about -- as you said, it's because you don't know enough to know what's going on.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/23ecdd12-2652-4db5-b461-9570.png

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Stolpi
Stolpi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Okay, now I got it. But unfortunately Reallusion has given the other editor the same name. 😉
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

I understand -- but iClone is where you do your animating, and the Expression rollout is where you put expressions.

While you could *morph* an expression, it wouldn't at all work in the workflow the way expressions do (for one thing you'd have two completely distinct things on the timeline and would be VERY confusing).  

But at least you know now.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Stolpi
Stolpi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I agree completely that the workflow is very unpleasant. But do I have a choice? You work obviously with Genesis related characters which can be smoothly imported via CC3, but I'm using mainly non-standard and non-human characters which aren't Genesis related, e.g. the bear by 3DUniverse. And as I believe the face key editor is useless in this case (or am I wrong?). Furthermore game bone based expressions which aren't combined with morphs look very unnatural and lifeless. That's why figures which I purchased directly for iClone are a waste for me. I'll prbably have to animate close-ups with Poser or DS and combine these scenes with iClone animations. Whistling
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, there isn't much you can do with any avatar that you can't map to the CC3 one.  The good news, though, is that even many non-human ones WILL map.  You mention a bear: these all map just fine to a CC3 avatar:

https://www.daz3d.com/mr-bear-and-son-for-genesis-3-male-s
https://www.daz3d.com/bear-clan-regenesis
https://www.daz3d.com/animal-world-bear

and the same is true of many other figures which don't look *quite* human.  But, yes, if you are doing something for which no one has created a Genesis based figure for you will have to come to other arrangements.  I stay away from those.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Stolpi
Stolpi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you for the hints! But to say it more precisely, I'm using exclusively toon characters due to the uncanny valley. Although pseudo realistic bears aren't human they still would look a bit after zombie animals if someone like me animated them.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh you could toon these up, easily.  I'm right in the middle of something, but I'll do at least one and show you (that's the beauty of using CC3 compatible characters -- ALL the morphs are available).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Stolpi
Stolpi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

That sounds interesting. I'm excited to see your results. But on the other hand, the original has high requirements.

Reading This Topic