Daz Environments to iClone

Posted By Kelleytoons 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Finally got pip to install and I installed numpy (i think). the only thing I am not sure about is the warning message. Is this okay, or am I still doing something wrong?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/465de5a8-0656-4eba-ad52-9d92.png

Renaissance Man Studios (5/11/2019)
Thanks! I'm going through it now with a fresh set of eyes.
My Reallusion programs files are on my D drive and I wonder if that is making it complicated.
I directed the path in environmental to the drive. One thing I had to realize is the I need to brush off my old DOS/Basis skills from more than 35 years ago.
Still having a problem getting pip.py. I'll keep plugging away.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Doesn't look like you have the right path yet added.  Now, I *just* woke up from my nap so I might not be too clear-headed yet.  You should have that path it reports as "not found" added to your environments.  Perhaps a screenshot of your paths would be helpful here.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Kelleytoons (5/11/2019)
Doesn't look like you have the right path yet added.  Now, I *just* woke up from my nap so I might not be too clear-headed yet.  You should have that path it reports as "not found" added to your environments.  Perhaps a screenshot of your paths would be helpful here.

Thanks Mike!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/77bf4002-c1d3-46b3-aaad-d6f3.png

Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (5/11/2019)

Thanks Mike!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/77bf4002-c1d3-46b3-aaad-d6f3.png

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

The actual path should not end with a backslash, and should not contain an .exe.

So in your case: D:\program files\reallusion\iClone 7\bin64

That is the right path (well, not cased correctly but you get the idea).  You can delete those other two.  Also, it's not clear from your screenshot but make sure this is the System Variable path and not your user variable path.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I got it to work Mike. Can't thank you enough. Now I just need to get proficient with your script.
Cheers!

Kelleytoons (5/11/2019)
The actual path should not end with a backslash, and should not contain an .exe.

So in your case: D:\program files\reallusion\iClone 7\bin64

That is the right path (well, not cased correctly but you get the idea).  You can delete those other two.  Also, it's not clear from your screenshot but make sure this is the System Variable path and not your user variable path.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just keep us posted.  The more feedback I get about folks using this the better it will be for all.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mike,
During your process for importing DAZ sets, should I make them sub-props while in 3dxchange before sending to iClone if I want the ability for doors to open or characters to interact with objects such as picking them up or moving them?
Thanks,
RMS
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
During your process for importing DAZ sets, should I make them sub-props while in 3dxchange before sending to iClone if I want the ability for doors to open or characters to interact with objects such as picking them up or moving them?

In case Mike is taking another nap...Tongue

Yes, to make doors, windows, and other items animatable, you would make them into sub-props. After that, you would also adjust the pivot, so that they rotate correctly.

I'm not that familiar with DAZ props, but sometimes an item itself may consist of several parts, which you would then all take together to create the sub-prop. For example, a window frame with glass panes.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Renaissance Man Studios
Renaissance Man Studios
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you very much!!! 
 I appreciate both of you all's advice!
Cheers,
RMS

animagic (5/11/2019)

In case Mike is taking another nap...Tongue

Yes, to make doors, windows, and other items animatable, you would make them into sub-props. After that, you would also adjust the pivot, so that they rotate correctly.

I'm not that familiar with DAZ props, but sometimes an item itself may consist of several parts, which you would then all take together to create the sub-prop. For example, a window frame with glass panes.

Reading This Topic