Cartoon Animator 4.0 - Known Issues

Posted By Ola(RL) 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ola(RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago

Reallusion did our best to provide you with a stable Cartoon Animator 4.

However, there are some issues can not to processed without effect the launch date.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5042e8da-8e51-4f00-9973-04f3.jpg

Here are the known issues and related workaround.
  • Issue: The Motion LIVE 2D for LIVE FACE (iPhone APP) does not support 1.0.3 version. 
    • Workaround: Please update the LIVE FACE (iPhone APP ) version to 1.0.5. from iPhone App store.
  • Issue: The body has a little glitch when using body profile with LIVE FACE motion capture.
    • Workaround: Adjust the Strength value from body profile.
  • Issue: Face3D Tracker does not support 4K large fonts.
    • Workaround: Reduce resolution or adjust font size.
  • Issue: Missing the head of character when importing the character.
    • Workaround: Please right click to remove object animation, and check the default sprite settings in Sprite Editor.
  • Issue: Some character outlines appear blurry after launching PSD editor.
    • Workaround: adjust exporting image scale in PSD options.
  • Issue: Incorrect size of accessory after updating PSD character.
    • Workaround: Re-scale the accessory to fit with the character head.
  • Issue: Low performance during preview of the 360 Head Create when using minimum Mac system requirements.
    • Workaround: Ajust low Max Real-time Map Size in preference settings, or upgrade system requirement.
  • Incorrect direction when tracking head by mirror function and body recording at the same time.
    • Workaround: Separate recording with head and body and use the 2D Motion Key Editor to edit body motion. 
  • Issue: Applying motions would not follow previous motions when replacing character and opening the option of Align to Previous Motion.
    • Workaround: right-click to re-align motion within the timeline clip.
  • Issue: Attach status could not cancel correctly when right clicking Attach function in Composer Mode.
    • Workaround: switch to Select Mode (HotKey: 1) for cancel Attach status in Composer Mode.
  • Issue: Incorrect layer order display in Stage Layer Editor.
    • Workaround: Please try to re-order the layer order in the Composer Layer Manager.
Image guides of the workaround will be provided in the mid of May.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
kiberdan
kiberdan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
But the biggest issue isn't listed here - it crushes all the time and works much much slower than CTA 3. Today I had to relaunch it more than 10 times. Sadly but now it's more a beta version and I have to use CTA3 again.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
kiberdan (5/21/2019)
But the biggest issue isn't listed here - it crushes all the time and works much much slower than CTA 3. Today I had to relaunch it more than 10 times. Sadly but now it's more a beta version and I have to use CTA3 again.

Have you contacted Technical Support about the crashing issues? If not, please do so using the link below as the more information that can be gathered about the problem, the quicker a solution can be found.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

OldRoz
OldRoz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm curious--are you still using CTA 3? I had to start using it because CTA 4 crashes the second I try to do anything. Another person on another thread has to do the same thing. I'm curious. Do you have a Mac? 

chris.dabbs87
chris.dabbs87
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm using a Mac and having the same crashing issues. I'm working with the CTA4 trial and I was planning to buy it, but this issue on Mac OS is completely unworkable. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

chris.dabbs87 (6/10/2019)
I'm using a Mac and having the same crashing issues. I'm working with the CTA4 trial and I was planning to buy it, but this issue on Mac OS is completely unworkable. 

The CTA team are urgently investigating the crashing issues that are affecting some Mac users. We hope to have a fix for the problem soon. Please do accept our apologies.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

nemesis14
nemesis14
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
issue: Elastic Motion Editor - Motion Curve cannot be processed
OldRoz
OldRoz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Chris, I would not buy this software, at least at the present time. I submitted my ticket a week ago, and was advised today that the issue was submitted the development team, and that the team still needs a few more days. I doubt that a solution will be found at this point.

I’m extremely disappointed in Reallusion. I feel like I’ve been robbed.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OldRoz (6/11/2019)
I doubt that a solution will be found at this point.

I understand why you feel pessimistic but rest assured the dev team have not given up on these issues and are working hard to find a permanent resolution. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Shazak
Shazak
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, I have the Live Motion 2D plugin, but I don't know how to install it to Crazy Talk 4, please, can you help me?

Thanks.

Reading This Topic