Profile Picture

How to manage CTA3 and CA4 Template interoperability (characters, props, scenes, etc.)?

Posted By reedjeffry 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to manage CTA3 and CA4 Template interoperability (characters,...

Author
reedjeffry
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago

Hello,

How to manage CTA3 and CA4 Template interoperability (characters,props, scenes, etc.)?

I have many templates of various types such as characters,props, scenes, etc., that were acquired prior to the release of CA4. Although Iacquired these templates with the understanding that they would be forwardcompatible with CA4.

Indeed the templates are compatible with CA4. However, whileit is possible to configure the root path i.e., …\Reallusion\..., theapplication specific folders are unique to the respective application

\Reallusion\Template\Cartoon Animator 4 Template

\Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 3 Template

I initiated a discussion about how to manage the templatesfiles prior to the release of CA4 as it is quite difficult to manage suchtemplate files. There are template files, props for example, that have the samearbitrary name as other template files in subdirectories. With such a schemethere is no way to know what templates exist without visually examining thetemplate files.

With the release of CA4 managing the template files with theintent of interoperability is a mess to say the least.

The idea of retiring CTA and all previously acquiredtemplates in favor of starting from scratch with CA is unreasonable.

How does one manage template interoperability between CTAand CA?

Regards,

Jeff

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 minutes ago
I just retire (stop using) the previous CTA version and copy the old CTA templates to the new CTA template folders.

Copy the \Reallusion\Template\CrazyTalk Animator 3 Template files to \Reallusion\Template\Cartoon Animator 4 Template
and do same for Custom.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
5 Years Ago by jlittle
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
You can also find additional help in the FAQ page below.

https://kb.reallusion.com/Product/52812/How-does-Cartoon-Animator-4-access-the-previous-version-DRM-contents

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

reedjeffry
reedjeffry
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)Senior Member (301 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Jeff and Peter,
thank you for the guidance, much appreciated.

-jeff

Reading This Topic