Props in SPACE... ACE... Ace... ace...

Posted By twilit.tera 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
twilit.tera
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hello, friendly, helpful forum-mates!

I am having trouble trying to import my first ever prop from Sketchup. It was once part of a  much larger prop, but I deleted everything but this one little fire escape (or so it seemed to me.)

Everything seems to go well importing it through 3DX. After aligning it first to center, then to ground, I get something that looks like this:

So far, so good right?

The trouble comes after I export the file as a prop. When I open it in iClone4, it places my l'il fire escape way up outside the atmosphere!

So, has anybody seen this before? Can anyone tell me how to fix it? I thought perhaps there was something HUGE in the original model that I was failing to delete, but if there is, I sure can't find it!

Thanks,

Tera

Tera
Like BnTWerks Media on FB!

Edited
14 Years Ago by twilit.tera
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Try The Pivot Panel in iClone:

Once you've put it in a scene inside iClone, Go to the Right Hand Panel and select "PIVOT" "Bottom Center", "RESET".

If that doesn't work, try "Centering the component to Ground" inside 3DXchange before exporting.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
twilit.tera
twilit.tera
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Thanks, Cricky!

I'm not entirely sure where my steps ended up (there aren't a whole lot of other props on my scene to mark my position with) but I was at least able to find the floor with them.

What's confusing me is the fact that I already had aligned to the floor in 3DXchange. *shrug*

Tera

BiggsTrek
BiggsTrek
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You're not alone, Tera. Sometimes the props I import go to weird and wonderful places, though that is often AFTER I select the Pivot option (as mentioned above). I also have trouble with prop size, too... but nothing that can't easily be fixed within iClone itself.

(Your "stairs in space" cracked me up, btw... I can hear "Stairway To Heaven" as I type. Smile )

Just out of curiosity, did you double click the prop to bring it into the scene, or did you drag the icon over?

Cool

https://marketplace.reallusion.com/iclone/author/biggstrek

Edited
14 Years Ago by biggstrek
twilit.tera
twilit.tera
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I dragged, aiming for as low and close to the foreground as I could get.

Now I'm curious about what would have happened if I'd double-clicked. Hmmm. Smile

Tera

animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
If you drag things they may end up where you don't expect them, although I have never had anything end up in outer space...BigGrin

Double-clicking something will position it at the origin (if it was at the center in 3DXchange), so it's more reliable.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

twilit.tera
twilit.tera
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the tip! That'll really help!

Tera

Reading This Topic